Retrieverfalcon

BrickLink AFOL Designer Program Sets

I personally haven't yet decided if I consider the BrickLink AFOL Designer Program sets "official"-enough LEGO for me to spend the money that the more interesting ones would cost me. That said, however, there has been a recent debate on Brickset over including these sets in that database with the ultimate decision being to include them as an exception to Brickset's standard rules based on community demand. This prompts me to pose the question here - what will Rebrickable's stance be on these quasi-official sets? Are there considerations about providing an inventory for sets that are essentially MOCs in a forum different from that which the designer is selling them? If we don't include these sets, can we ensure the Brickset Sync function ignores them (I know I can't be the only user who doesn't like seeing import warning errors)?

16 hours ago, Retrieverfalcon said:

I personally haven't yet decided if I consider the BrickLink AFOL Designer Program sets "official"-enough LEGO for me to spend the money that the more interesting ones would cost me. That said, however, there has been a recent debate on Brickset over including these sets in that database with the ultimate decision being to include them as an exception to Brickset's standard rules based on community demand. This prompts me to pose the question here - what will Rebrickable's stance be on these quasi-official sets? Are there considerations about providing an inventory for sets that are essentially MOCs in a forum different from that which the designer is selling them? If we don't include these sets, can we ensure the Brickset Sync function ignores them (I know I can't be the only user who doesn't like seeing import warning errors)?

These will not be inventoried at Rebrickable as Official LEGO Sets.  The original Designers may submit them as MOCs using Rebrickable's submission requirements.

Respectfully, why it this the case?  They have parts that could be used in calculations for building other items.  It is going to bite to have to enter them manually so that I have an accurate inventory.

18 minutes ago, macs_bricks said:

Respectfully, why it this the case?  They have parts that could be used in calculations for building other items.  It is going to bite to have to enter them manually so that I have an accurate inventory.

Because we only inventory official LEGO products. Not products using LEGO, and endorsed by LEGO. It’s very different, and the sets themselves are very different to a LEGO product. 

If anyone already has a custom list set up for these sets here might be a good place to share them.