Retrieverfalcon

Order of Pending Sets

Question

This may actually by a bug or suggestion. Admins - feel free to move if in the wrong forum.

Currently, I have several sets in various stages of submission. I often do this when creating Sub-sets to ensure that I don't submit a mistaken part with one before I've completed all the various sub-set inventories (which combined should equal or be some understood amount less than the set itself). 

Two things I've noticed:

1. On the main Rebrickable page under "You have these Sets in progress", there does not appear to be a discernible order - not numeric, not alphabetical or anything else I can figure. In the example below, see how the various 60099-1-sXX sets are all spread around and 41498-1 is way down below all the 416.. sets. This doesn't seem to care the stage the submissions are in ("In Progress", "Waiting for Approval", etc. This makes it difficult to quickly locate the set I'm looking to work on.

800x1299.jpg

2. Perhaps even more frustrating, is when I am adding a part to a set, there is no order to the Pending Sets dropdown. This dropdown also seems to have no memory so every time I have to find the set I want to add the next part to again - massively increasing the chance of human error. What's more, newly added Pending Sets might go into this list at the top, bottom or some random place in the middle. Finally, "In Progress" submissions are intermingled with "Waiting For Approval" one's so I risk adding something to a set I've already deemed finished enough to submit (I don't want to remove the option to mod these sets submissions entirely because mistakes happen and better to fix them before the set is accepted but it would be nice if these submissions were buried at the bottom of this dropdown so they had to be explicitly selected).

Add%20Part%20to%20Pending%20Sets.jpg

Am I missing a setting or is this just a power-user feature that doesn't exist yet?

4 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Retrieverfalcon said:

On the main Rebrickable page under "You have these Sets in progress", there does not appear to be a discernible order - not numeric, not alphabetical or anything else I can figure. In the example below, see how the various 60099-1-sXX sets are all spread around and 41498-1 is way down below all the 416.. sets. This doesn't seem to care the stage the submissions are in ("In Progress", "Waiting for Approval", etc. This makes it difficult to quickly locate the set I'm looking to work on.

I believe when you save at Step 1, a submitted set is assigned a sequential number.  If you click on the links to your listed sets on the main page and check the numbers in the address bar, you will see the number assigned to the set (currently in the 34xxx range of numbers).  If these are sequential in your list, I'm correct.  If they aren't, I'll have to get an answer from Nathan.

So, I'm going to attach a new image since several of my "Waiting for Approval" sets got approved and this will be cleaner. I have more pending but this is enough to show the issue.

The set placeholder numbers from the URLs of these sets in order are: 34262, 34263, 34260, 34266, 34271, 34272 (so mainly in order but not quite)

Looking further down my list I found numbers as low as 34251 and as high as 34297. 

While I would prefer an ordering that was either numerical or alpha based on the content being proposed, I could live with (and understand since this data is still in flux) with adding these in order by the placeholder number. That way, at least every new addition would go to the bottom of the list and the dropdown consistently. I actually think it would be best if this is the approach to sort the dropdown in reverse numerical placeholder order so the last started submission is the first in the pick list. Most often the latest is the one the user plans to work on most immediately and making it first in the list cuts down on needed clicks.

F5D32DCC-CEB7-431A-B778-CE3091B1D51A.jpeg

There was no ordering defined, so it was basically random. It now orders by status then last modified date (most recent first).