Retrieverfalcon

Monthly Mini Builds not syncing from Brickset

Step 1: Own a Monthly Mini Build Set on Brickset (let's say MMMB026-1 since that's the one I caught this with).

Step 2: Click "Sync Sets FROM Brickset" on your My Sets page on Rebrickable and run the sync

Expected behavior: The Set is imported (I'll note there is a MMMB026-1 in Rebrickable) or mapped with a set already in one of your set lists

Actual behavior: Get notice of an Error that "Set mmmb026-1 not found" and any MMMB026-1 in your Set Lists is removed (in keeping with the sync overriding your lists)

Could this be an issue with capital letters? The import uses mmmb, the set uses MMMB. I've temperarily renumbered the set. Can you check again?

eehh, folks, if I select mmmb026-1 and click on the bricklink link. I get a not found page...

EDIT all MMMB's at bricklink seem to have a 40xxx-1 number. I think that explains the problem.

Grrr, and Brickset did the same...

Perhaps we should follow and rename the mmmbs instead on adding tons of maps.

2 hours ago, Simon said:

eehh, folks, if I select mmmb026-1 and click on the bricklink link. I get a not found page...

EDIT all MMMB's at bricklink seem to have a 40xxx-1 number. I think that explains the problem.

Grrr, and Brickset did the same...

Perhaps we should follow and rename the mmmbs instead on adding tons of maps.

You can map the other sites numbers on the admin tab. Just put in there number and which site it’s for

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, TobyMac said:

Could this be an issue with capital letters? The import uses mmmb, the set uses MMMB. I've temperarily renumbered the set. Can you check again?

This seems to have fixed the problem for MMMB026-1. It likely needs to be done for the remainder of the MMMB001-045 series.

5 hours ago, Simon said:

The 40xxx numbers began in January 2012 and continue to present. The MMMBxxx numbers cover the builds from December 2008 to December 2011.

Both BrickLink and Brickset use the 40xxx numbers starting in January 2012 and they seem to sync fine to Rebrickable.

For the earlier builds, Brickset numbers them as MMMB0xx-1 while BrickLink treats them as gear and only shows the "Build Card" (Instructions) using the format MMMByymm (note no -1) where yy is either 09, 10 or 11 for the year and mm is the month of the build with a leading zero if needed. There is also German versions that have a suffix DE added to this numbering scheme. There are also occasional extras for a given month which are given a UK suffix and one special Spanish/German one which appears to be World Cup related that has an odd suffix. I cannot find the December 2008 build from Brickset on BrickLink. 

I suggest a Rebrickable stick to the MMMB0xx-1 (cased appropriately to match Brickset) format it already has and maps, as needed, to BrickLink's scheme using the unsuffixed versions where possible and handle the UK and Spanish ones on a case-by- case basis. 

Edited by Retrieverfalcon
Typos

Thanks, Stephen, I thought you had a problem with the Bricklink sync instead of Brickset. Good research, btw. -smile-

I disagree however with the change to lower case - we've got hundreds of sets with alpha-numerical characters in it, and we're always mostly using upper case letters: I don't want to renumber all of those. It's much easier to add an upper() function to the Brickset sync function.

@Nathan - do you agree?

@TobyMac- now we know the problem, I think we should undo the change to MMMB026.

@Simon this sounds like the smarter fix to me. Obviously, @Nathan's call. This isn't an issue for the sidebar links since the URLs don't appear to be case sensitive.

There will need to be BrickLink mappings added for the 2008-2011 sets. For the one we're discussing here (MMMB026-1), the BrickLink mapping is to MMMB1007 (no -1 suffix). It appears not all 45 of these on Brickset have been added to Rebrickable yet so I'd suggest handling these case by case when someone has the time.

17 minutes ago, Simon said:

now we know the problem, I think we should undo the change to MMMB026.

Agree. It was just for testing