Retrieverfalcon

Excluding Specific Part Lists from Use

Question

I tend to use a few part lists as 'wishlists' or 'parts needed'. This is because Part Lists support Part Notes while Custom Lists do not. I have these lists unchecked so they don't impact build calculations which is perfect. However, if I check the "My Parts" tab of the Part Summary pop-up or the My Parts List master listing, these parts get added to my total ownership of the part artificially inflating the number of these parts I own. 

Would it be possible to somehow create a flag on a per-Part List basis to exclude the contents of that Part Lists from the My Parts totals?

2 answers to this question

No, there's simply too much this change would impact.

Can you tell me what kind of info do you store in the Notes? Perhaps I can update the Custom Lists to add similar functionality.

9 minutes ago, Nathan said:

No, there's simply too much this change would impact.

Can you tell me what kind of info do you store in the Notes? Perhaps I can update the Custom Lists to add similar functionality.

I depends on the list in question but it is normally a brief note about what set I need a part for or information about replacement parts I'm currently using so I remember what parts to return to my loose part Storage if I ever obtain the part on my "wishlist" list. 

If Custom Lists supported the same Pro feature part notes as Part Lists I could easily move this info to a Custom List and that would solve my needs ideally. I specifically don't want these parts counted in my part counts and currently Custom Lists aren't. 

I'd appreciate any effort you can make and truly appreciate all the hard work you always put into making this site an amazing tool.