hwayhway

Bricklink to Rebrickable or Rebrickable to Bricklink?

Question

I want to know if it is possible to copy or transfer my inventory from bricklink to rebrickable OR is it better to enter inventory into rebrickable and transfer to bricklink. I dont want to key the inventory 2x.

Please help

4 answers to this question

I'm doing the same thing and maybe I don't understand Bricklink, but I would think putting them into Rebrickable would be the better option for storing your inventory and building MOC's and rebuiding sets.  I transfer inventory from Rebrickable to Brinklink and I haven't noticed any issues but I don't know why I need to record instructions and boxes in my inventory (probably because I don't have any boxes) and a spreadsheet works just fine. 

On April 19, 2019 at 4:44 PM, hwayhway said:

I want to know if it is possible to copy or transfer my inventory from bricklink to rebrickable OR is it better to enter inventory into rebrickable and transfer to bricklink. I dont want to key the inventory 2x.

Please help

It depends on why you are considering using Rebrickable for storing your inventory.  Since Rebrickable doesn't include instructions, boxes, and whole minifigures at the present time, trying to import those items from a BrickLink store inventory will give errors.  If you just want to list your set parts and loose parts for building models, I would suggest using Rebrickable first.  

Thank you for your response it is helpful. I have a considerable number of LEGO's that I want to inventory for two purposes; Build MOC designs and rebuild sets and then sell off excess as I go. 

Thank you for your response, I am also trying to sell Lego's and I have over 800 instruction manuals so I need a platform to sell and to build. My thought was to use Bricklink to sell and Rebrickable to build but I need to be able to load the inventory from one to the other.