biodreamer

3003a "black" is missing image

it however has one if you open it up. I can't see why this image isn't working when the others do. Seem like a bug more than lack of data.

to be honest It would be fine to use regular 3003 element images for this mold since they don't show the underside.

@Nathan- bug confirmed: 3003a has an LDraw Export map to 3003, which is showing in the sidebar, but the black LDraw image is NOT displayed. Refreshing the LDraw map didn't help...

Fixed via some thumbnails cleanup... but couldn't figure out how it happened in the first place.

Posted (edited)

At the moment I see some missing part images if I display the inventories of my Sets. It seems the problems are only the preview icons in the grid view... 

Edited by Lebostein

Thanks for letting us know where you are seeing the problem.  Can you tell us some specific parts?  @Nathan has been working on images site-wide and sometimes fixing one thing causes problems in another area.

8 hours ago, Lebostein said:

Hard to list. In every set I have I see a handful missing images. For example here:

https://rebrickable.com/sets/10254-1/winter-holiday-train/#parts

Missing images: 99781, 15068, 33291, 3633, 4032a

I'm seeing the same missing thumbnails as Lebostein (for 4032a it happens twice). I've also been seeing this site wide and it appears to be part/color dependent. For example, 4032a is fine in black and Reddish Brown on this page but broken in Red and White. At least this bug is consistent - once an thumbnail is bad, it is bad everywhere. For example, the part overview page at https://rebrickable.com/parts/4032a/plate-round-2-x-2-with-axle-hole-type-1-opening/ shows every color but Red and White working. 

I've submitted a few CRs about particular ones I've noticed and a refresh has often fixed the color/part combo I mention but sometimes breaking a different color/part combo that wasn't broken before. It's kind of became a game of wack-a-mole. 

Few others I've seen (and this was on a quick check of about 20 sets - around 15 of which had something missing since these are often common parts). I should note there may be other colors of these parts impacted, these were just the ones I saw the "No Image Available" graphic.

2431 Yellow, 2730 Light Bluish Gray, 3021 Yellow, 3680 Black, 3937 White, 15068 Tan, 30377 Light Bluish Gray, 32828 Black

Hope the extra examples, help. If you want, we can add more as we see them to this thread until this gets fixed to at least capture the errors.

2 hours ago, Retrieverfalcon said:

I've submitted a few CRs about particular ones I've noticed and a refresh has often fixed the color/part combo I mention but sometimes breaking a different color/part combo that wasn't broken before. It's kind of became a game of wack-a-mole. 

Thanks for the really apropos description of the problem.:)  There is a solution coming for this, but it may take some time.

Suggestion for now:  Click on a part with No Image Available to access the pop-up window.  If there is a correct image there, it is a thumbnail problem, and should be reported here just for data purposes.  If the pop-up image is also missing, use the full detail page to verify that there is an actual element or LDraw image available.  If both of these show No Image, use your best judgement of whether it warrants a change request, or it is part of this ongoing problem and report it here.

It appears that the solution that Nathan deployed yesterday for thumbnails has corrected all the identified problems in this thread. I suggest we mark this particular bug thread closed and consider any future thumbnail issues as a unique, new case.

No, that is too fast - everything might look OK from a user viewpoint, but I want to make sure that admin changes, which caused the problem, are now also working properly, and for that we need more time. So for the next week, or so, if you spot a missing image, where an image previsouly appeared, please let us know.