Simon

Dummy sets for LEGOLand, LEGO Store and Pick-a-Brick

Posted (edited)

Greetings, Folks!

At their stores, Pick-a-Brick walls and LEGOLand Resorts, LEGO often sells or gives away parts or part/color combinations that have not been used (yet?) in any regular set. Parts like that get a "Color Error" and on the Part Details pages, they are displayed separately under the heading "This part has been used by MOCs in the following colors but not officially released."

This problem was first mentioned in November 2018 in this thread.

To solve the problem, at least temporarily, I have added six dummy sets:

LEGO-Land-1                    Unused parts sold at LEGO Land(s)
LEGO-Pick-a-Brick-1        Unused parts sold at modern LEGO Pick-a-Brick
LEGO-Store-1                   Unused parts sold by the LEGO Store(s)
LEGO-Build-a-Mini-1        Unused parts sold at LEGO Build-a-Mini station(s)

LEGO-Classic-1              Unused parts sold by LEGO between 1945 and 1965
LEGO-System-1             Unused parts sold by LEGO between 1966 and 2000
LEGO-Modulex-1            Unused Modulex parts sold by LEGO

each with the following description:

DUMMY SET - DO NOT ADD THIS SET TO YOUR SETS LISTS

This set is created as a temporary storage for official LEGO parts, sold or given away at LEGO Land(s), LEGO Store(s) or modern LEGO Pick-a-Brick, which are not yet used in any regular sets. Adding such parts to one of these dummy sets prevents a Color Error warning. When these parts are used in a regular set, they are removed from the dummy set.

See this forum post for more information.

Note that the Classic and Modulex sets are currently disabled and thus not visible. When we actually get parts for these sets, we will activate them.

Just to be sure: we will not approve stickered parts for these sets, not parts engraved or printed by third parties. Only official LEGO parts or part/color combination are allowed, and only if such parts or part/color combinations are NOT used in any regular set.

If you want to add new parts to be included in these dummy sets, please upload a part photo to Bricksafe (or same other place) first, and reference that part photo in the Admin Notes of the new part, so the Admins can verify that it is an official LEGO part.

If you have any questions, or wish to comment, feel free...

Take care,
Simon

Edited by Simon
LEGO-System-1 added

What about parts from the Build-A-Minifigure stations in the LEGO stores? Do these get a 'dummy' set as well or should we use one of the existing ones?

Also what distinguishes LEGO-Pick-a-Brick-1 from LEGO-Store-1? If a part is found in the Pick A Brick wall at the stores where does it go?

Finally, will this also clear Part Errors for these unique parts?

Admin note: based on this thread can an admin please lock and redirect the related thread I created a while ago here? Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Retrieverfalcon said:

What about parts from the Build-A-Minifigure stations in the LEGO stores? Do these get a 'dummy' set as well or should we use one of the existing ones?

Yep - I will create a LEGO-Build-A-Minifigure-1 set tomorrow, and update the original post. Good thinking!

7 minutes ago, Retrieverfalcon said:

Also what distinguishes LEGO-Pick-a-Brick-1 from LEGO-Store-1? If a part is found in the Pick A Brick wall at the stores where does it go?

Ha! I never been inside a LEGO store, didn't even think of that; I was thinking about the online Pick-a-Brick website versus the physical store. Anything Pick-a-Brick would be in the PiB set, all other giveaway things from LEGO Stores would go into LEGO-Store-1.

11 minutes ago, Retrieverfalcon said:

Finally, will this also clear Part Errors for these unique parts?

Yes, that is why we're doing it.. -smile-

11 minutes ago, Retrieverfalcon said:

Admin note: based on this thread can an admin please lock and redirect the related thread I created a while ago here? Thanks. 

Man, I had missing that post. Good to know you had the same idea as we had a few month ago. Will lock and add link...