Nederbrik

Why is the link changed to #comments

Question

Why is it when i open a link to rebrick let say this one

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-25008/xfeelgoodx/bobcat-street-racer

it is automatically changed regardless what i do always changed to this /#comments

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-25008/xfeelgoodx/bobcat-street-racer/#comments

I do not want to go to there i want to see the header of the page how many parts there are in it, the picture, the part list, the instructions but not the comments, that is halve way the page and i want to begin on the top of the page.

Why is this change made, i do not like it, i want to make that choice myself.

5 answers to this question

It does that because it's the default tab. Changing tabs changes the hash so if the page is reloaded it starts at the same place.

It does not scroll down the page to the comments though, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Posted (edited)

In pale Moon it does it jumps down to the comment section.

Just checked Edge and there it's not so it seems to be a Pale Moon issue, didn't know that hadn'd checked that before.

There are moc's now whit 4 to 6 pictures on the page some have even more just like this one moc-25009

My browser jumps to the row Comments/ Inventory/ Buy Parts and on, and i have to scroll back up to the see the moc info.

Ok if i know it is my browser then i have to live with it.

Edit

I start with this link moc-25009

But then the page is reloaded and the link is changed to this moc-25009 and jumps down.

Even when i use the search and only moc-25009 it opens with the first link and then it is reloaded and jumps down.

Edited by Nederbrik

I've installed Pale Moon to test. It doesn't reload the page, it just updates the URL to add the hash.

As for the scrolling, I have no idea why it does that so can't even begin to try and fix it just for this browser sorry.

No problem, that is also why i posted it here by help.

There are not so many moc's i'm looking ad no time on the moment, i'm stuck in 30 of my own projects/ moc's to end in a short time.

Hi Nathan

It seems this problem is solved.

When i open a page my browser now stays on top of the page and no longer jumps down to the comments row.

Thanks.