Lebostein

Some parts missing after Studio.io import

Hi, Lebostein, I tried your studio file myself, and got the same errors.

Detected Stud.IO file
Processing Stud.io file
Stud.io version 2.0.1_127
Found 1 Models
Converting parts/sets from scheme: LD
Failed to find any items
Errors:
Part 86210 not found (need Quantity 3 Color 47)
Part u9241 not found (need Quantity 4 Color 0)

The problem is that a Studio import seems to use the LDraw import mappings, and those are not as up-to-date as our Bricklink mappings. It makes sense, as Studio using LDraw internally, but it does mean you might run into these errors most often.

This one I solved by:

adding 86210 as BL map to 60603
adding import map for 60603 for LDraw 86210
removing the import map in 57999 for LDraw 55423
adding added import map in 57999 for LDraw u9241

My test works now, obviously you do get some warning about the translation.

Does that solve your problem, too?

Posted (edited)

Would be nice to get an error message box after importing to Rebrickable. Then it is easier to see, how many parts could be not imported and what the problem is. I wonder this is an "outdated" thing. These parts in these colors are available since 10 years...

PS: I will try your hint

Edited by Lebostein

7 hours ago, Lebostein said:

Would be nice to get an error message box after importing to Rebrickable

What I showed above was the output of an import, and it shows all the errors. It gets displayed at the bottom of the import dialog, so you might need to scoll down to see it.

I fear this is a LDraw problem. If the Ldraw folks update a part, they leave the old part in the system for compatibility. If I then switch our LDraw mapping to the new number, to show the update image, the import for the old part is removed. But if Studio still uses the old number, import doesn't work anymore. So I fear we have to start using double LDraw mappings, an import map for the old number, and im/export map for the new, but I first have to check what that does to our LDraw images...

Posted (edited)

It is possible to create an automated test running over all parts and colors (with help of APIs and LDraw database files and maybe Studio itself) to identify such parts with wrong mapping? I have no idea how you guys handle that great amount of parts and colors with different mappings to different databases. Seems a hard and never ending job... 

Edited by Lebostein

We are talking about over 100,000 part/color combinations, don't think we should use the API for that. I could try doing it offline; but it would be a project that would take month, if not more. Studio's data is easy to access, but LDD is not. And I have no idea, right now, how to verify that data.

For now, I fear, we can only correct errors if someone reports them.