Vokhev

Split set into parts

Question

There is a function to take loose parts and combine them into a set in our inventory. I wondered if there is a way to do the opposite.

You would first add a set, indicate if you have the spare parts and enter the lost parts for the set. Then you could split it into parts. That would remove the set from your inventory but add the individual parts excluding the spare parts and/or lost parts as appropriate.

I realize this is something I would use most every time I get a lot with almost complete sets. I could build it and note the lost parts as I go and decide at the end whether I want to inventory it as a set or as parts depending on what's missing.

I feel like something like this might be there and it could be just me not finding it.

2 answers to this question

There is the option to export an inventory with or without spares into a Rebrickable csv. You can then import it into a part list. But it won't look at lost parts though

Yeah, I thought about using the export/import function but I was wondering if there was a built-in version of that operation. Thanks for the info.