seejay

A part listed in my "parts missing images" page has an image

I just discovered your very handy page for listing parts missing photographs that I can contribute  (https://rebrickable.com/parts/photos/missing/).  I clicked through on a few and noticed one that actually has an image in the color that is shown as missing in the list.  

Part 11090 shows as missing an image for color = black (see screencap).  But clicking through shows that there is an image for that color. 

2019-06-04_164223.png

Hi seejay.

while I can’t help with your issue I would just like to take a second to reinforce a key policy. We cannot use information from BrickLink. So when the above gets fixed and you start submitting images the images must be taken and owned by you.

Please take care when copying descriptions and numbers too as we do things slightly differently to BrickLink (but that’s not photo related just for any new people reading this, haha)

Thanks,

Jared

Thanks Jared.  That's useful to know.  I was planning to break out the light box and take some photos as I've done in the past. 

But I've also been recently submitting change requests to improve the generic descriptions on some printed minifig parts, and those were taken largely from BL (and noted as such in the change request).  So your comments here are helpful.  You may want to consider adding some text about that to the change request dialog. 

1 hour ago, seejay said:

You may want to consider adding some text about that to the change request dialog. 

We're working on improving the help pages. Thanks for the feedback.

Strange, I can't see a reason that one would show up and it doesn't for me... does it still happen? Perhaps something temporary was in process at the time.

Posted (edited)

Hi Nathan,

I just checked again (this time from a different computer to avoid any cache issues), and it is still happening. 

Thanks for looking into it.

Edited by seejay

Thanks. I found a bug and fixed it, it should work better now!

Thanks Nathan.  Now I seem to have the opposite problem: I've gone from having several dozen parts in my "parts missing photographs" list to having only 2!   I'll attach a screen cap.  

Looking back at the screen cap from my original post, the second item is part 11203 in tan, which is still in my inventory and doesn't have a photo.  Maybe something will reindex overnight?  I'll check it again tomorrow. 

--cj

07-Jun-19 10-26-19 PM.jpg

1 hour ago, seejay said:

Thanks Nathan.  Now I seem to have the opposite problem: I've gone from having several dozen parts in my "parts missing photographs" list to having only 2!   I'll attach a screen cap.  

Looking back at the screen cap from my original post, the second item is part 11203 in tan, which is still in my inventory and doesn't have a photo.  Maybe something will reindex overnight?  I'll check it again tomorrow. 

--cj

Actually, the page is only supposed to show parts with no images at all and that one has LDraw + Element images. I will enhance the page soon to include parts without photos now that the higher priority ones have been mostly done.

55 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Actually, the page is only supposed to show parts with no images at all and that one has LDraw + Element images. I will enhance the page soon to include parts without photos now that the higher priority ones have been mostly done.

Another tweak that might be good is to somehow exclude parts marked lost. I have several (alot of sticker sheets) that I have said I've lost but still appears on that list as they are in a set I own. Don't know how easy that would be or if it would be worth it but I'd thought I'd raise it.

6 hours ago, Nathan said:

That makes sense. Thanks for looking into it. 

On 6/8/2019 at 9:20 AM, jaredhinton said:

Another tweak that might be good is to somehow exclude parts marked lost. I have several (alot of sticker sheets) that I have said I've lost but still appears on that list as they are in a set I own. Don't know how easy that would be or if it would be worth it but I'd thought I'd raise it.

Done

Hi Nathan.  The original bug I started this thread with is back.  Perhaps you just had to revert something and are aware, if so please ignore.  But as of today, I have 60 parts without images the list, where as a couple of days ago, it was 0.  I checked a few of them and all them had photos.  You can see the first few in the screen cap. 

10-Jun-19 4-29-21 PM.jpg

On 6/7/2019 at 8:33 AM, Nathan said:

Thanks. I found a bug and fixed it, it should work better now!

I seem to have quite a long list of missing images that don't seem to be really missing. Last week, I went through and submitted pics for a new set list and the page was working great! Today, I added a new set list and have a super long list instead of just the images that are missing. Is it possible the bug snuck it's way back in or am I doing something wrong?

It seems a bit better in that I don't think items are listed that are not really missing pieces anymore. However, I still have items in my list that I have already marked in my lost list. It seems some I've marked lost are correctly removed from the list and some are not. Attached is a screen shot showing some items in the list that no longer show the set column...they have been marked as lost. There are others marked lost that appear in the list and do have a set in the set number column too. Just trying to ramble my observations in case that helps!

On the same topic, I wanted to suggest (if it hasn't been already) a way to indicate in the list that you have already submitted a part image (parts remain in the list until admin has time to review and approve). It would keep me from accidentally submitting the same image twice! Just a suggestion!

Thanks for your help!

Missing Images Bug.JPG