I recently got a few sets that have been glued together with a nasty clear/orange/yellow glue...

Other than wanting to slap the person silly for doing it (they even glued the heads on the minifigs!!!) is there anything I can do?  Unfortunately the 2 sets are Lt. Gray/Dark Gray era Star Wars and Harry Potter so there's not a lot of replacing of parts that can be done...

Anyone know how to remove the glue so I can salvage the pieces?

Yes it's going to be heavy used LEGO so I usually discard glued LEGO. I would say it depends on the glue and how well they are put together, if the LEGO come out damaged or not. if someone glued a head on a torso, it's hard to get that to release without damage. You need to physically twist the head loose and the stronger glue the harder that is. but if it's glue left overs on a plate, I think there is methods that can remove it without damage the LEGO plate.

Yes by me it is exactly the same, normaly i dump al those kind of parts direct in the dustbin.

On bricklink you can find almost any part you are looking for, i have all my discolored white, blue and light gray parts replaced by good ones.

Some take a wile to find.