Sign in to follow this  
jaredhinton

Minifig Lower Body Category

Question

Hi Everyone,

As I'm sure you've all noticed, I have been doing a lot of work on the minifig categories over the past year-ish(?) I have left the two hardest categories last for obvious reasons, Minifig Upper Body will be started shortly (hopefully). 

The lower body category actually hasn't been too bad (Heads was way harder!) The most challenging thing was to bring the numbering standards back in line with how they were originally set up on this site but over the last 3-4 years have been ignored. This had affected different colored legs and the newer Multi-color injected legs. I have adjusted a lot of parts to correctly reflect their: a) Assembly numbering standard, b) Pattern numbering standard, and c) Print numbering standard. So for example if a part has Black hips on a different colored upper leg (the parts color in its set) and Yellow 'Boots' (multi-color injection) it has the number 21019(part number for multi-color injections)x026(Assembly number for Black Hips)pat02(Pattern number for Yellow Boots on Black Hips) 21019x026pat02.

It's simpler for hips that have the same color as the part, so for Same colored Hips and Upper Legs the number is 21019c00, add the relevant pattern number for lower legs (Boots), eg Light Bluish Gray is pat021, so it becomes 21019c00pat021.

These numbers aren't new to the site. I created nothing, I'm just implementing what we already had started but failed to continue.

Now that's clear as mud here's the reason for my post. Lego EID images are not very clear when looking at the MCI parts. Some I was able to tell from photos that have been submitted, some I was able to check my personal collection for. Some are my best educated guess, If I wasn't sure I left it as it was. This means I may have missed some, or even changed some incorrectly.

I need your help to determine any errors that I may have made. And to submit rear images of the MCI parts so it's clear to users that those parts aren't just prints but are different patterns of Legs.

Take a look at the categories and let me know what you think. (please be kind, it's been a lot of hours work, haha)

Thanks,

Jared

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet