StusShed

Building a set from spares and updating inventory

Sorry if this has been asked before:

I have a collection of spare bricks (sorted from second hand), and have identified some sets that are definitely in it (none 100% complete).

Is there a way to remove the parts from my current inventory to a new collection for the identified set, and also create a list of missing parts to then purchase?

I want to do this for each set I have found, so I have a number ready to build (without finding a part is needed for both builds), and have a collection of parts to buy to complete all the sets I have found in one go.

Hope that makes sense!

If you have all parts for a set in part lists, there is a button 'Combine all parts into set', removing all parts from the part list for that set.

37 minutes ago, StusShed said:

Thanks Toby - I guess that tool doesn’t work if you have less than 100% of the parts for the set.

Correct. A workaround is to manually add your missing parts to the list,, flip the parts to a set, and then mark the parts as lost in the set.

i will let you know how i do it when i get some bulk second hand lego , maybe it will help . if i have instruction manuel i will create a new "part list "with the set # for reference.then i make sure to not use any parts of my " set list" and "part list" to build . then i search for the set #  ( you should have 0 parts ) an click on "build this set " once the new pages open  i just click on the part that i have , adjust the qty i have into the part list you just created . once i a while i refresh the page to get accurate count of what i need to complete this set, when you used up all of the part you have you can see what part you are missing.

when you are working with multiple part list it's very easy to make a mistake when you  are adding some part because you have to scroll down to the right list every time ( even in bulk edit ) the trick that i use to help reduce this mistake is before i start adding a lot of part to a certain  list i modified the part list name by adding a 0 (zero)in front of the name so this list will be first in the part list when you add part , this way reducing the mistake of adding part to the wrong list

hope this will help

I've got more or less the same problem.  I bought two bulk sets, each has well over 100 potential sets in each bulk set (so far as I've found).  Doing as Lucky says, though I am limited to only 20 (free) or 50(pro) parts lists.  Assuming each part list represents a set I'm trying to build it becomes pretty hard to manage, especially when inevitably I can only find 90% of the parts for a set.  I'm doing the printed and/or electronic checklist method and it seems to work okay.  I add each set I think I have to my setlist inventory and then go in and identify lost parts when I've completed my search for pieces using the checklists.  

On a side note, as a new person to this game, it is very overwhelming to stare at god knows how many pounds of unsorted legos in large totes.  I haven't seen my wife in months... and only dream in legos.  Thank god for whiskey.

On 7/25/2019 at 2:09 PM, legosetbuilder said:

I haven't seen my wife in months... and only dream in legos.

You say that like it's a bad thing... 😜

I sometime use BrickStock. There you can load an inventory. If you set the status of all parts to exclusive, you can make them inclusive when you have found that part. I use extra for when I don't have the total count for that part yet.