Nederbrik

Problems with the Build Search

Hi

When i use the Build Search to see which parts i'm still missing i noticed that when i set the years from 1945 till 2004 i get all the sets that are still missing some parts in my case there are 231.

But when i use the same search but don't set the date i get no results for sets smaller then 75 parts, so from the 231 form the search till 2004 there are 36 sets whit only missing 1 part.

These sets most also show up when i search from 1945 to 2019 but then all sets smaller then 75 parts are ignored, so 28 sets are missing from 1945 to 2004 when you look ad the time to 2019 there are much more missing in the Build Search, is that an automated system thingy.

Ore is that a bug and does the search not now what it wants.

Above was for 1 missing parts, when i miss 2 parts in a set then all sets smaller then 135 parts are not shown anymore in the search from 1945 to 2019, these are then missing .

From all normal sets ever made by lego i'm missing still parts from about 1000 sets but when they are not shown on the place that should be i can never build them.

Can you take a look ore explain what is going on in the search.

Last point parts is from 0 to No Limit

Thanks ED

The sorting is not working very well, which I think is what you are describing.

When you do the larger search it cuts the results at 500. However, it actually sorts the results by % match before cutting at 500, then sorts again by your preference of fewest missing parts. This is wrong and I will fix it. I'm actually in the middle of redesigning that whole part though for performance reasons so might take me a while to get it deployed.

No problem, when i know what is happening then it is ok, i will then restrict the search within the 500 then it will work ok.

Only takes a little more time.

Thanks for the replay.

Grt ED

I have finished the changes and fixed the sorting.

I also added a new build search filter for Sets/MOCs added within the last X days which might help you.

On 8/12/2019 at 1:11 AM, Nathan said:

I have finished the changes and fixed the sorting.

I also added a new build search filter for Sets/MOCs added within the last X days which might help you.

Thanks will try it this week, very busy whit rebuilding a part of my house very little time on the moment.