Sign in to follow this  
SteveP

Inventory help - getting parts inventory from set?

Question

Hello,

I expect this is a simple question. I apologize - I'm a new member.

I'm trying to submit an alternate build MOC that doesn't use any pieces beyond what was in the original set. When I get to Step 5: Inventory, I get an "Empty Inventory" error. How come it doesn't pull the inventory from the original set I selected earlier in the submission process? I'm not seeing how to add the parts, except individually. What am I missing?

Thank you for your help.

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, SteveP said:

Hello,

I expect this is a simple question. I apologize - I'm a new member.

I'm trying to submit an alternate build MOC that doesn't use any pieces beyond what was in the original set. When I get to Step 5: Inventory, I get an "Empty Inventory" error. How come it doesn't pull the inventory from the original set I selected earlier in the submission process? I'm not seeing how to add the parts, except individually. What am I missing?

Thank you for your help.

Go to the set your alt is from. Download the inventory (options on top left of inventory, below image). Go to your submission and upload the inventory from the file you downloaded. 

Bear in mind, you should only list the parts that are actually used in your MOC. If it uses them all then great, but any not used you’ll need to remove.