groowie

Why some sets don't show under Buid?

Question

Hey everyone! :)

I am new here and like Rebrickable a lot! I'm not sure if it's just me or i found a problem in search function under Build:

Some sets are just not showing up, no matter how i set search settings. For example, Belville sets #5830 and #5810, that i own, don't show under results!

Any idea why is this the case? Did you noticed missing any other sets from search results?

Thank you and happy building!

16 answers to this question

My guess is if you own it they don’t appear on the build function. Defeats the point to show them because you know you can build it. The build function is to show you other things you can build with your collection. 

There are a lot of build options. You can change them in the screen where you calculate the buildable sets.

I have option "Include Sets I own from My Set Lists in search results" checked and works for almost all sets, but not for some, like mentioned. Can you check?

6 hours ago, groowie said:

For example, Belville sets #5830 and #5810, that i own, don't show under results!

Might be the standard year range?

I checked all options and marked all years, with same result.

Also set #30365-1 - Space Satellite is missing from results.

Edited by groowie

If all setting in the calculation are correct, the only other thing I can think of, is that the set list the missing sets are in, is not active for the calculation. You can check under My LEGO -» My Set Lists

Sets list is activated (checkbox) for calculation. Can you detect something similar with your search results? If so, that would indicate bug in search function. And that can mean that some sets or MOCs are not visible to people searching, despite they have 100% of needed parts!

Thank you for the help! 

Edited by groowie

I have a test-account. Can you export your setlist and post it here? Then I'll import it and test them.

All 3 sets are under 50 parts. I believe the standard is put on >50 in the search (the difference between 0 and 50 is small on the scale). Otherwise, I'm at a loss here.

1 minute ago, groowie said:

Yes! That was it: i didn't noticed that number of parts was limited from 50 up! Thank you so much TobyMac! :)

Should have been my first guess. I had the same issue...