Seabie

I'm having trouble with generating building instructions with stud.io

Question

Hi all, I'm new to rebrickable. I've already found some great MOC's which my 4yo son really likes to build. Especially the ones where the building instructions are included, without them it becomes too hard for him.

So, to give something back (and because I loved doing it) I've build my first MOC that I want to share. I've build the model in real life, I've build the model in stud.io and I've broken it down into steps, exactly like I want it. But after that I get a little bit stuck. There are some things that I would like to do, which I just can't get to work. I hope you all could help me out here.

1) When I'm in 'page design' all the new parts are surrounded by red lines. Is there a way to switch these off?

2) Sometimes I want to look at my build from below and sometimes from above. How can I switch the orientation between steps? I can change the orientation, but then it changes for all the steps at the same time.

3) Is there a way to move the pieces around in the 'you need this to build this step'-box?

4) Is there a way to move pictures from one step to another? I sometimes want this when I don't want to include every substep of every hinge plate, for example.

I think these are all my questions for now, but more might pop up when I continue to make the instructions. Thanks! 

6 answers to this question

You should really post these questions on the studio.io forum, so if the feature doesn't exist it might be added by the developers. I can't help studio.io doesn't run on any of my computers so I have never had the chance to learn how to use the instruction part because their software broke for me before that was implemented.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:43 AM, Seabie said:

1) When I'm in 'page design' all the new parts are surrounded by red lines. Is there a way to switch these off?

2) Sometimes I want to look at my build from below and sometimes from above. How can I switch the orientation between steps? I can change the orientation, but then it changes for all the steps at the same time.

3) Is there a way to move the pieces around in the 'you need this to build this step'-box?

4) Is there a way to move pictures from one step to another? I sometimes want this when I don't want to include every substep of every hinge plate, for example.

I've found the answer to the most important ones. I'm still looking for an answer to 1) and 3) though.

Edited by Seabie