seejay

Erroneous parts conversion when importing from .io

When have a .io file with over 1000 parts including:

• 78c11 (ribbed hose, 11L)
  • 78c14 (ribbed hose, 14L)

When I import the file to a new custom list, there are no errors or warnings about those parts.  However, those 2 parts are missing from the resulting inventory, and 2 parts not included in the .io model are added to the inventory:

• 2 (homemaker cupboard)
  • 3 (homemaker drawer)

I made a few other tests to explore the problem:

1. I made a version of the .io with no submodels and imported it.  The resulting inventory is missing the hoses and does not have the homemaker parts.  I do get an error on this import:  Part copy not found (need Quantity 2 Color 179)  Color 179 (flat silver) is the color of the missing hoses. 
  2. I made a .io with only the hoses and imported it.  The resulting inventory is correct.
  3. I made a .io with all parts except the hoses and imported it. The inventory was correct (no hoses, but also no homemaker parts)

Given the error I get when importing the version of the .io with no submodels (test #1 above). I'm guessing there's just some strangeness in the .io that maybe rebrickable's import shouldn't try to deal with.  However, it's probably worth looking into why it didn't throw an error when those parts were in the submodel and instead replaced them with the homemaker parts. 

I'm happy to share the .io with you bilaterally for testing.

Thanks,

cj

Another test that sheds some light on what might be happening:

In the original model, the ribbed hoses were bent using Studio's flexible parts tool.   When I made a test with those parts before flexing them (just added to the model), it worked as expected.  After flexing, I got the same error: Part copy not found (need Quantity 2 Color 179)

So it seems to be something with the flexed parts (which are relatively new in Studio, I think). 

I've changed the BL mapping for 2 and 3. Can you check if they work now?
@Nathan can you look at the flexed hoses? I suspect they'll me labelled differently in the .io-file now.

Another test that sheds some light on what might be happening:

In the original model, the ribbed hoses were bent using Studio's flexible parts tool.   When I made a test with those parts before flexing them (just added to the model), it worked as expected.  After flexing, I got the same error: Part copy not found (need Quantity 2 Color 179)

So it seems to be something with the flexed parts (which are relatively new in Studio, I think). 

Thanks @TobyMac.  I tried again but get the same two part conversions (hoses --> homemaker containers).    I just added a comment above with another test that I did yesterday that might help @Nathan understand what's happening.