se1977

Finding sets for old bricks

Question

I'm sorting out a box with old Lego bricks, most likely all from the 50's and 60's. Almost 500 bricks and some are very interesting (e.g. the 650 hinge). I entered them all to Rebrickable as loose parts and I hoped Rebrickable could tell me to which sets all the bricks belong.

I tried the Build search with only the part list selected, but no set turns up as 60% or more match. Of course some bricks might be missing after 60 years.

For the 483 set (with different sloped bricks), the parts list has all the bricks, but it doesn't show up in the results. Even if I turn off all options for exact matching. Might it be because set 483 doesn't have anything to build? It's just a collection of sloped bricks.

Is there another way I can use Rebrickable to search for sets with the parts list?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers to this question

54 minutes ago, se1977 said:

Might it be because set 483 doesn't have anything to build? It's just a collection of sloped bricks.

I don’t think this should matter. 

You definitely have the year bar and part count bar to include the older and smaller sets?

When you look at the specific set page what percentage does it give you? 

Also double check the set list you are using is definitely Checked to be included in build calcs. More often than not issues like this are caused by that.