cardano_p

"All my parts" list doesn't update when set inventory is updated

1. A short description of the bug in question: I've submitted a change request to one of the sets which I own - one part should have higher quantity. After the change request was approved, inventory of the set had changed, but "All my parts" list hadn't been updated. 
  2. How the bug can be reproduced by us (if possible). Steps:
    1. Add some set to set list
    2. Note state of "all my parts" list
    3. Change inventory of the set
    4. Check if "all my parts" list is updated
  3. What browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc.) you were using: I think it's irrelevant in this case ;-)
  4. What operating system (Windows, Mac OS, etc.) you were using: I think it's irrelevant in this case ;-)

As a programmer I assume that you update "All my parts" only when I make some changes in my collection: add/remove some sets or parts but store state of it independently. And the mechanism doesn't cover a scenario when inventory of a set is modified.

Best regards :)

Lech

'All My Parts' doesn't use live data directly from a set inventory. The number of parts in a set is calculated once in a period, and then stored as flat data for usage in the 'All My Parts'. So when I make a change to a set, you'll have to wait till the next period for the change to have effect in your 'All My Parts'. Otherwise, everytime you hit refresh, the system has to go through every set in your collection. That would go into overload.

When you add a new set to your collection, the partcount is available in the flat data, so that change has a direct effect.