EkDor

What's with the missing parts in Stud.io

Question

Just built a kit and decided I would like to make it my first MOC contribution so downloaded and started playing around with Stud.io but issues. I realise this isn't strictly the domain of ReBrickAble but I feel this community might be a great place for help. Please don't hurt me for asking here!

Can anyone clarify for me the issue of missing parts from official sets. Notably the set #75237-1 Tie Fighter Attack is missing 4 unique parts, one of which has x2 of. Also the set #75892-1 McLaren Senna is missing all decal parts. I'm not so concerned about the decals, but just saying. As for the Tie Fighter there one of the missing parts I want to use in my MOC. I looked at the sales page for the custom part builder by BrickLink. Not sure if this is a good option. I would rather avoid yet more software downloads and learning. Is there a place to find these part models? I do extensive use of 3D software so I could technically build them if I knew the specifications etc that Stud.io would accept. I would rather not go down that rabbit hole if I can though. Find it weird that parts of official kits are missing. Thanks.

2 answers to this question

7 hours ago, EkDor said:

Just built a kit and decided I would like to make it my first MOC contribution so downloaded and started playing around with Stud.io but issues. I realise this isn't strictly the domain of ReBrickAble but I feel this community might be a great place for help. Please don't hurt me for asking here!

Can anyone clarify for me the issue of missing parts from official sets. Notably the set #75237-1 Tie Fighter Attack is missing 4 unique parts, one of which has x2 of. Also the set #75892-1 McLaren Senna is missing all decal parts. I'm not so concerned about the decals, but just saying. As for the Tie Fighter there one of the missing parts I want to use in my MOC. I looked at the sales page for the custom part builder by BrickLink. Not sure if this is a good option. I would rather avoid yet more software downloads and learning. Is there a place to find these part models? I do extensive use of 3D software so I could technically build them if I knew the specifications etc that Stud.io would accept. I would rather not go down that rabbit hole if I can though. Find it weird that parts of official kits are missing. Thanks.

I’m not familiar with the process of adding parts to stud.io, but my guess is that those parts you’re looking for are new and have yet to be created for the most recent version of stud.io. BL do update the program so I’m sure they’ll get there eventually, I just don’t know if additions are crowd sourced like their inventories and parts additions. If they are it could take some time to get new, unique parts added. 

Thanks for reply. I have seen instructions on adding parts to it. Involves dropping them into specific  directory and they appear in custom category. I think in the meantime I can make some kind of place holder in their custom part maker. Then make sure the the part is the correct number when I upload here.