anothergol

How is "top selling premium MOCs" linked to user?

Question

Hello,

First let me say that this is more of an oddity that I spotted, than a complaint.

I only have 2 MOCs that ever sold, and only 1 left after the other got "stolen" by the Chinese. Not even complaining, they're both of "a popular license", thus I'd attribute it to that anyway.

So that one MOC sells regularly, but it got rather quiet recently. I browsed the "top-selling premium MOCs" pages, to see where it was, because it has been on the main (top-selling premium) page for like over a year. It wasn't on the main page anymore, and that's ok, I don't even think it deserved to stay there for so long, however it also was in none of the 20 pages. And that's strange because my MOCs that don't sell at all, some of them were there.

Thing is, I was logged off. I logged in, and there, my MOC was there (not on the main page anymore but on page 1).
Strange, so I logged off, and again, it wasn't there, the pages are totally different than when I'm logged in.

I'm sure there is a reason for different things to be displayed when you're logged in, however I still think there has to be a bug, because I can't have my (by magnitude) top-selling MOC not any visible while I'm seeing other MOCs of mine that have only sold 1 or 2, not even this month.

Any idea? Thanks

Edit: trying again, there is now another bug that I had already seen in the past. Right now I'm logged off and I'm not even seeing the premium MOCs anymore. When I click on the premium MOCs tab, it's exactly the same as the discounted MOCs tab now.

Edited by anothergol

3 answers to this question

Ok, figured it out. The "see all Premium MOCs" search is sorting by Likes not by sales. There were two problems though - #1 the sort button wasn't reflecting that properly, and #2 it was cropping the results at 1000 *before* sorting instead of after. This effectively made the list random! Both issues fixed now.

It will show different results if you are logged in/out because of different caching conditions. Anonymous users are served heavily cached content while logged in users get more up to date content.

The top selling tab only considers recent sales, so if your MOC didn't sell anything for a while it would be excluded. It should still show up in the search for all Premium MOCs though. If you are still seeing something wrong, please give me the MOC number and example URL you expect to see it at.

I've fixed the Premium MOCs tab showing Discounted MOCs under some conditions.

Yes, but that specific MOC, MOC-14608, is definitely selling, way way more than my other ones that were displayed in "find MOCs", and wasn't displayed.

Now it's back, but here's what I believe happens:

when your MOC is selling but not enough to appear in the first page of "premium MOCs", it may not appear in the full "see all premium MOCs" list, which seems not to start from the beginning, but like at page two. And here's where the problem might be, it's not starting exactly after the end of the main page, so when a MOC is selling just not enough to appear in the main page, it's like stuck in-between the main page and where the "see all premium MOCs" starts, thus it never appears. Makes sense?

In short: say "top-selling premium MOCs" displays MOCs 1..50, it seems like "see all premium MOCs" doesn't display MOCs starting at 50, but perhaps 60, 70 or something?

OR perhaps I don't understand how "see all premium MOCs" is sorted, but it's not sorted by time (plus there's "newest MOCs" for that already), so I'm assuming it's too sorted by top-selling. But in any case, the one of mine that was missing was nowhere to be seen, back then (in any of the "see all premium MOCs" pages).

Edited by anothergol