Sign in to follow this  
sirjective1

Bricklink conversion - Swimsuit Batman's legs / Pair of arms

I have found two issues, which I worked around manually for now, but report them anyway, so they can be resolved in the future.

1. Swimsuit Batman's legs

Bricklink's part  970c90pb12 (Hips and Light Flesh Legs with Gold Bat and Black Leotard Pattern) exists only in black, where the color refers to the hips.

Rebrickable's part 970x026pr1398 (Legs and Black Hips with Gold Bat and Black Leotard Print) exists only in light flesh, where the color refers to the legs.

The Bricklink part is converted to the Rebrickable part with a warning:

• Part 970c90pb12 → 970x026pr1398 Legs and Black Hips with Gold Bat and Black Leotard Print (via external system BL map)

The part keeps the color, so the legs are considered black. They should be light flesh instead. Is it possible (and desirable) to convert the color of this part during import?

2. Matching pair of arms

A matching pair of left and right arms (981982) was silently discarded during import of a Bricklink order. When I generated a Bricklink wanted list from the order and import that, the following error was listed:

• Part 981982 Arm, (Matching Left and Right) Pair is disabled and cannot be used (need Quantity 4 Color 55)

It would be nice if the pair of arms was instead split into a separate left and right arm of the same color, which are still valid in Rebrickable. (They end up having part errors, because Set inventories don't list individual arms, but that's fine for now, I guess.)

Kind regards!

PS: I just saw that there is a dedicated thread for wrong external mappings. I will try to use for any future mapping issues I notice: https://rebrickable.com/forum/index.php?/topic/723-please-report-any-missing-or-incorrect-external-part-mappings-here/page/8/

Edited by sirjective1

28 minutes ago, sirjective1 said:

1. Swimsuit Batman's legs

Bricklink's part  970c90pb12 (Hips and Light Flesh Legs with Gold Bat and Black Leotard Pattern) exists only in black, where the color refers to the hips.

Rebrickable's part 970x026pr1398 (Legs and Black Hips with Gold Bat and Black Leotard Print) exists only in light flesh, where the color refers to the legs.

The Bricklink part is converted to the Rebrickable part with a warning:

• Part 970c90pb12 → 970x026pr1398 Legs and Black Hips with Gold Bat and Black Leotard Print (via external system BL map)

The part keeps the color, so the legs are considered black. They should be light flesh instead. Is it possible (and desirable) to convert the color of this part during import

I can only give an explanation of what’s going on not a solution. All our legs are inventoried differently to BL. We use LEGOs designation as much as is reasonably possible (don’t get me going on marbles and dual color parts!). LEGO assign the color of the part to reflect the legs, so we do too. This means every leg assembly has issues with BL. If there’s a work around I’m sure Nathan will have a look. 

32 minutes ago, sirjective1 said:

2. Matching pair of arms

A matching pair of left and right arms (981982) was silently discarded during import of a Bricklink order. When I generated a Bricklink wanted list from the order and import that, the following error was listed:

• Part 981982 Arm, (Matching Left and Right) Pair is disabled and cannot be used (need Quantity 4 Color 55)

It would be nice if the pair of arms was instead split into a separate left and right arm of the same color, which are still valid in Rebrickable. (They end up having part errors, because Set inventories don't list individual arms, but that's fine for now, I guess.)

Another rule we tend to follow is to only have parts as they existed in an official LEGO set. So parts that come assembled in a set are available that way in our catalogue (like torsos). Again I can’t solve this for you and I think this may be more complicated due to the sheer volume of different parts involved. 

I know U havent been very useful but hopefully I was moderately interesting!

13 hours ago, jaredhinton said:

I know I havent been very useful but hopefully I was moderately interesting!

Thank you for the background information regarding the different handling of assemblies! I was not aware of that.

I will keep the difference in mind when I import part lists in the future.