legosetbuilder

Set identification

Question

Seems like a basic question but a quick search didn’t seem to find a discussion on this.  If I have a couple pieces that I’m reasonably certain are in a set but aren’t extremely rare, is there a place or site that I can plug in the multiple parts I have and it tell me which sets contain those parts?  On rebrickable I can only search on one part at a time.  Even if I add a parts list with the parts I have and search sets it only gives set %compete which doesn’t really help.  I would think this would be a common issue.  Any help would be appreciated.  It’s annoying to have to start with one of the “rarer” pieces and then dig through 50 sets trying to find which have the other pieces.

2 answers to this question

There is (I came across it accidentally, we might need to advertise it better): Go to Sets--> Find sets. Open 'Show Advanced Options". On the bottom of the form is a field were you can put in your parts. The input  goes as follows: For instance to search sets that have at least 5 pin 2-l in Black, type 5x2780:0.
Instead of using 2780 (part number,), you can also use the Element ID, that's the number used list in the in the back of instructions
All color-codes can be found under Parts --> Part Colors

Thanks,  worked perfectly.  I'd seen that input bar but never paid attention to it.  Would be slick if you can build a parts list and have a button that would show what set those parts belonged to.