Brelha

LEGO SOFTWARE - MOC FOR SETS

Hi there!

I'm very new in using software to build legos.

I'll try to beggining with STUDIO, that is linked to bricklink.

I would like to use, to build digital versions (with instructions) of the MOCS i create with specific sets, like for an example, a moc from 75259, and later, to publish here in rebrickable.

So, here's my questions:

1 - Is it possible to download the part's inventory of specific sets, and open in any software (could be in LDRAW, LEGO DIGITAL DESIGN, STUDIO, etc)? (im asking that, because it will be faster than searching for the specific parts, and colors)

2 - How do i deal with part's that have stickers?

3 - What software you guys recommend to start, based on this purpose?

Regards!

Hi @Brelha, welcome to the forum.

Stud.io is a good choice. It can certainly fulfil item 1 on your list. Just open the file menu, select import set and import an official LEGO set. You will get this dialogue.

image.png.c8c3c8adbcbc4c0c6971af783c8ca1a5.png

Make sure you import it as a palette and you will get all the parts in the set.

I haven't worked with a stickered set before but testing it on the train above it appears to fail to import the stickers. However it does seem to import a clean version of the stickers for you.

2) I don't think Stud.io has sticker support so you would need to plan your stickers separately.

3) Unless you need to work with stickers then I would recommend Stud.io. It is very simple to learn and has a powerful instruction maker right out of the box. You can also import a .io file directly into Rebrickable to get the parts list.

Hi!

Thx a lot!

I'll certain use STUDIO! In fact, in the mean time, i've already downloaded it, and build my first moc, using the resources you have told me, like import an official lego set.

Now i'm trying to figure out, how deal with parts missing, in this new sets i have downloaded.