RustyDusty

Database Bug re set 42042 Crawler Crane

Recommended Posts

A set query on the 42042 Crawler Crane correctly shows 4 x part 2637 Technic Link 1 x 16 in Light Bluish Gray in the Inventory section

However when I load 'All My Parts' and do a search on part 2637 the results returned show I have 5 of this part number. Clicking on 'My Parts' and 'Sets' show that all 5 of these parts are from Set 42042.

I only have 4 of these parts so this appears to be an error.

Viewed on Google Chrome using Windows 10 64 bit

Regards

Keith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RustyDusty said:

A set query on the 42042 Crawler Crane correctly shows 4 x part 2637 Technic Link 1 x 16 in Light Bluish Gray in the Inventory section

However when I load 'All My Parts' and do a search on part 2637 the results returned show I have 5 of this part number. Clicking on 'My Parts' and 'Sets' show that all 5 of these parts are from Set 42042.

I only have 4 of these parts so this appears to be an error.

Viewed on Google Chrome using Windows 10 64 bit

Regards

Keith

There is 1 in the spares. All my parts list includes spares. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you don't own the spare part and want to exclude it from your "All My Parts" or other part lists, go to the set list you have the set stored on, click the pencil icon and on the "Edit Set in a Set List" screen, unclick the "I still have the Spare a Parts" checkbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is definitely not a spare part (Technic Link 1 x 16). Examination in the Sets List correctly shows there are 4 of these;

Examination in 'All my Parts List' shows I have 5 of these all within the Crawler Crane set. The item is definitely not included in 'My Parts List' (As a test I've added one of this part number then re-examined both 'My Parts List' and 'All my Parts List' and this now displays 1 in 'My Parts List' and 6 in 'All My Parts List' -I've then deleted the test quantity 1 from My Parts List and re-querying 'All My Parts List' still incorrectly shows I have 5 of these all within the Crawler Crane set  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RustyDusty said:

This is definitely not a spare part (Technic Link 1 x 16). Examination in the Sets List correctly shows there are 4 of these;

Examination in 'All my Parts List' shows I have 5 of these all within the Crawler Crane set. The item is definitely not included in 'My Parts List' (As a test I've added one of this part number then re-examined both 'My Parts List' and 'All my Parts List' and this now displays 1 in 'My Parts List' and 6 in 'All My Parts List' -I've then deleted the test quantity 1 from My Parts List and re-querying 'All My Parts List' still incorrectly shows I have 5 of these all within the Crawler Crane set  

There is one in the spare parts list, at the bottom of the inventory. If you add a set to a set list it adds all parts, including spares, to your All my parts list. 
 

Did you follow retreiverfalcons instructions on how to exclude spare parts from a set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you -problem finally solved. I did not initially follow retreiverfalcons advice as I did not (and still don't) believe that this is a spare part; when were LEGO ever generous enough to provide a part of that size as a 'spare'. Nor do I believe I would have lost a part of that size. I see that brinklink also include it as a spare part in their set inventory but in my opinion this is an error or can anyone vouch for the fact that they definitely have this as a spare in their set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RustyDusty said:

Thank you -problem finally solved. I did not initially follow retreiverfalcons advice as I did not (and still don't) believe that this is a spare part; when were LEGO ever generous enough to provide a part of that size as a 'spare'. Nor do I believe I would have lost a part of that size. I see that brinklink also include it as a spare part in their set inventory but in my opinion this is an error or can anyone vouch for the fact that they definitely have this as a spare in their set?

They often give spares of things like chains so it’s not completely unheard of but yes, it’s unusual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jaredhinton said:

They often give spares of things like chains so it’s not completely unheard of but yes, it’s unusual. 

Probably because they are so long, making it easier to break in transport? The 50450 Axle 32 and the 23421 Spiral Pole 32L also come often as a spare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now