Sign in to follow this  
unclepine

Old guy...new nobby...!

Question

I recently built a couple road bikes from the likes of Mould King and Lepin that were "ok" I guess, and then I built a Lego crane truck...better quality bricks, not by much, but certain parts were "off" to a degree. Both Lego and the "knock-off" brands have one issue that bugs the hell outa me...the instructions...! You can follow them IF you watch VERY carefully the layout of the drawings. They both show assembled parts BEFORE you even get to that stage and is confusing at times. Coming from a plastic model building genre, they have a lot to be desired. At any rate, I was wondering how one can build one of those fascinating cranes, bucket loaders, truck cranes, etc., that are no longer available on the Lego site...? I see all these MOC's and wonder what a chap must do to get the parts. These are nifty kits to build and a far cry from the huge amount of extras needed in many of today's high end Styrene tank, plane and car kits. We have limited access to Lego up here in Canada, so I was looking for assistance elsewhere, so here I am.

Thanks for reading,

Laurie in Winterpeg...current temp...-45C with windchill...!!!!!

1 answer to this question

Parts are cheapest bought at flee market and big bulks but when you want specific parts, I always end up searching Bricklink and there is stores in the whole world, plenty in Canada. You can use the buy part links on rebrickable but that doesn't give you all stores. Besides it shipped to you so the distance might not be important as much as the shipping costs.