plastic.ati

Email notifications fail to work

I don't get any email notifications (approved MOC, new MOCs to build...) from yesterday. First I've thought it was a one time error, but haven't got any more since that.

I think it is irrelevant in this case but I am on these browsers at the moment: (Mac / Firefox 73.0.1 and iOS 12.1.4 / Safari)

19 minutes ago, plastic.ati said:

I don't get any email notifications (approved MOC, new MOCs to build...) from yesterday. First I've thought it was a one time error, but haven't got any more since that.

I think it is irrelevant in this case but I am on these browsers at the moment: (Mac / Firefox 73.0.1 and iOS 12.1.4 / Safari)

Sorry, I broke emailing within the last 24 hrs... should be fixed now but still testing

2 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Sorry, I broke emailing within the last 24 hrs... should be fixed now but still testing

I got one in the past few minutes, about the Trolls review. Hope it will work now :)

3 minutes ago, plastic.ati said:

I got one in the past few minutes, about the Trolls review. Hope it will work now :)

I’m glad you got the really important one about my trolls review, it’s my finest work, haha. 

I specifically re-ran the job to send the emails for that blog post :) Unfortunately, the other emails can't be re-sent and are lost.

8 hours ago, Nathan said:

I specifically re-ran the job to send the emails for that blog post :) Unfortunately, the other emails can't be re-sent and are lost.

Maybe you could add these things like "new comment on your moc" to the private messages? Or introduce a new personal notifications page? Then it wouldn't matter if emails get lost in the future. This could also help to reduce the email amount, because people might opt out of emails if they can get the notifications elsewhere. Currently email is the only option to receive them I guess.

1 hour ago, gumalca said:

Or introduce a new personal notifications page?

That would be great. My hotmail account is blocking all rebrickable mail because I got so many. One day I added over 100 new parts, and hotmail didn't like that, mainly because I also delete them without reading them. I use my mailbox as a central point telling me if there is something happening. If that is on 1 specifc rebrickable page, that would work for me to. At the moment I have to go through a lot of places to see if there are new comments or other stuff.

I got the same Problem... no notifications since yesterday… and there are some new MOC of user i follow… and also no notification as respond of my comments...

4 minutes ago, KWAH_DRAHT said:

sorry but I'm still doesn't receive anything...

Just looked at your account and all emails are disabled for you: https://rebrickable.com/users/KWAH_DRAHT/settings/#notifications

That happens if your account bounced or you marked something as spam. Assuming it was a temporary issue, re-enable it and you should start getting them again.

Can confirm that emails (in my case Change Request resolutions primarily) was disrupted for a day or so but now seems to be working again. That said, a common place to see these would be useful but if you implement that, it needs to also include past history. Not often, but occasionally, I look for past changes for some reason and the fastest way I've found to do that is to search these old notifications. And before someone mentions the Change Logs, they don't track action not taken - so if I suggested something months ago, it wasn't done for a reason and I moved on, doesn't mean my brain won't think about the same thing when I stumble on that same set again months later. By being able to search for past actions (or inactions), I've been able to avoid wasting anyone's time on something already considered.

On 3/11/2020 at 12:06 AM, jaredhinton said:

I’m glad you got the really important one about my trolls review, it’s my finest work, haha. 

The only problem was that I've read it before the notification arrived :) I look forward to put my hands on the one or more Trolls set as it seems to be difficult to build someting else that is "okay". :)