Richard1234

Am I The Only One That's Takes Hours To Build Sets?

I just wondered if I am the only person that takes a very long time to build technic sets?

Other people seem to build 3,4,5,6....10 times faster than me!!!

I don't mind I enjoy the builds but I seem to take far longer than the reviewers take!!

with instructions it's fast to build anything, for me it usually going around picking the parts from the boxes that takes most time. if I had them neathly arranged infront of me before building I would build most things in a jiffy. however I never actually watch the clock when building so it may take longer then I think. but I usually see review time to be high for building a set right out of the box. I luxury i rarely deal with. buying mostly old secondhand bricks.

Roughly, I build 500 parts an hour for regular sets and 300 parts an hour for Technic sets. I'm not sure, but I think that's quite a usual rate. But who cares? Just enjoy building. It's like eating, if you simply eat to get feed, then time can be important, but if you want to enjoy the meal, take your time  :lol: .

Roughly, I build 500 parts an hour for regular sets and 300 parts an hour for Technic sets. I'm not sure, but I think that's quite a usual rate. But who cares? Just enjoy building. It's like eating, if you simply eat to get feed, then time can be important, but if you want to enjoy the meal, take your time  :glad people don't think time matters too much. Like you say I enjoy so why does it matter

Building with Lego is like assembling a jigsaw puzzle. The fun is in the actual work.. once completed... the real fun is over, you look at the finished product for a bit, play with it somewhat... and then break it up again to build anew!  :D

I got 42025-1 as a christmas present, it took me a full work day to finish it. (7,5 hours) Now I know what you guys are talking about all the old sets I have is quick to build in comparison. I have never spent this amount of time on a offical sets., it's only MOCS that i spent more hours on.

Believe it or not, I love the time to unpack my new LEGO set and take my time to group each part. After, I flip the assembly instructions of the LEGO set or MOC. I admire the ingenuity of each of the assemblies.

And then I take my time to assemble the model. It's really a pleasure and I take every means to make it last.  Personally, I do not count the hours.

I have to agree that the building part is the most fun for me, and I like to take lots of time.  For assembling a set right out of the box following instructions, I usually get about 500 pieces or so per day.  It takes that long because I go slow on purpose! :P Once it is fully assembled, the magic's gone, and my wallet starts calling me to buy another set! The bigger the better!

I enjoy Lego between building regular old plastic models, which are a whole different ball game.  Lego doesn't require near as much focus, concentration or effort compared to building a detailed, cemented, sanded and painted model, so it's great for relaxing the old hobby brain with Lego when it gets bogged down on those projects.  MOC's offer a bigger challenge, though... and now that I just found this website, I hope to contribute some MOC's in 2016.  I may finally have just enough Lego to do so...

But really, is there ever enough Lego?  :rolleyes:

Build on! :D

It takes me a long time to build my sets. I do City/Creator and I take a long time to enjoy looking at the style and engineering choices of every single connection I make in order to be able to use that knowledge on my own future MOC's. I am not a gifted builder. I am not a natural Architect. I am not a very good artist in any medium. I must make up for this by studying carefully the official sets that I build.

Thanks for reading. I love this website! it tells me everything about my sets!