ricky_bricks

Allow Multiple Part Lists (A Parts Equivalent For Multiple Set Lists)

Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125 m (Windows 8.1) but it seem to work today. maybe it was something else that kept triggering it. I will report back when I can reproduce it.

Oh, it was probably while I was in between uploading changes. I was doing it incrementally to ensure I didn't break anything and this might have been a side effect.

for example if I open a Yellow 3005 brick you get something like:

You have 1775 of this part in 18 colors.

760 of them are in 83 of your sets and 1015 of them in your loose parts.

if I open the Yellow I would prefer getting my counts for YELLOW parts only ie how many I got in total, how many that are in sets and in loose parts. How many I got totally in all colors isn't much of value. that can be located in the full part detail page.

Understood. I want to do more than just that on the popup, I recall a thread somewhere where someone did a mockup of an example color breakdown which looked interesting.

My Default for adding in parts used to be "MyFirstPartsList" or some such and now it defaults to a set that I submitted/am in the process of submitting (can't remember).  

Is there any way to change the default?  It's a pain to have to remember to switch it every time I add a part...

My Default for adding in parts used to be "MyFirstPartsList" or some such and now it defaults to a set that I submitted/am in the process of submitting (can't remember).  

Is there any way to change the default?  It's a pain to have to remember to switch it every time I add a part...

While you have a set in progress it will default to it. It assumes that you are actively working on that set so defaults to it. Same with submitting mocs.

Hi

Just a question off miner importance i think, but would be very helpfull for me and some others i hope.

Will there be a possability in the future to say to a set that the parts most be in the second part list and not in the first, as it now is.

I have some older sets from before 1970 and they are all made completly out of pat. Pending parts.

Now these parts are all counted as normal parts, but i don't like that and won't use them for build options.

On this moment i store them as lose parts in the second part list.

But it would be great if i just could store the set and say that the parts would have to be in second list without the need to parting the sets out.

Thanks

I'm not really sure what you mean, but you can configure each set list or part list to be used in the build calculations or not.

I think he wants that a looseparts list has it's own settings for the setlist ie use or not use in build, today you need to go in and toggle each setlist before you can use them in a build, every time you switch part list if you want that layout. if the collection is diversed into many setlist that can be quite a task.

Yes a part of what biodreamer wrights is what i mean.

I have collected many sets, 750 (200000 parts) on this moment the oldest set is from 1967 newest from 2014

Till arround 1970/71 the parts have the mark Pat. Pending on it, they belong to the older sets.(from arround 1971 till 1976 it was scrathed off but still visible).

If you have so many sets you have to split you're sets list in shorter ones i chose for a max of 70 in a list, that is the max shown(it would be great if this could be dubble again just as in the beginning)

I have 24 set list now, i devided each in a theme, i want to search fast and whit more set then 70 in a list makes it slow to search.

I want to see the parts of my really old sets(till 1976) in a seperate part list and use them seperate to build older models, on this moment i am parting out my older sets to reach that goal.

The parts are all moved to my second part list, so i can see them, and whit that list i can build the older models with the old parts, (yes i'm begining to be a purist in building, a model off 1965 have to be build whit parts from that period)

Those older parts are also sorted out and stored seperate from my new parts.

It would be great to file a set in a list where i can say the parts most show up in the second part list.

In that way i can see my old sets and my parts, and say with 1 click use only these parts from this part list.

To switch of every sets list every time is indeed a lot of work, and i can still not see the parts from those older sets.

so what i mean is;

If i store my old sets just as it is now i can no longer see what are the old parts that are in it.

And if i store the parts i can not see which old sets i have.(using brickset for that now)

Other option but really not wanted i think, would be to mark the older pat. Pending parts in the sets, so they show up whit an a ore b variant that says 

a Pat. Pending variant

b Pat. Pending stricken variant

you can order these on briclink and they are 10 times the value of normal parts by some sellers.

It is hard to explain for me, the way i work now is fine but it would be great if this would be possible.

Other miner is also that almost all the suplemantary sets of that period 1950 to 1970 are filed wrong.

Will post that in a other topic, they have to be split in 1 color a box if you want to use them.

from a rebrickable point of view it doesn't make sense to split out the pat. pend. mold as their own letter even if I as a purist would like it. it would be to many diffrent molds if you go down that track. However there is several 2x4 bricks mold that deserve to be split out from 3001a, due to minor functionality/visual change.

I really need to order that new desk to my hobby room so I can start building again.