jantjeuh

Please Report Any Missing Or Incorrect Part Relationships Here

I've noticed you restored BL mapping for 71075 but then removed BL mapping for 71076. It should be restored as well. :) In other words, there should be 2 BL mappings: from 71076 to 71075 and from 71075 to 71076.

Here is a simple solution: remove all BL and Peeron mappings from these 2 parts and then add the following mappings:

on the page of part 71075 fill in BL and Peeron IDs as 71076 and add these 2 mappings;

on the page of part 71076 fill in BL and Peeron IDs as 71075 and add these 2 mappings.

There should be 4 mappings in total for BL and Peeron.

Here is a simple solution: remove all BL and Peeron mappings from these 2 parts and then add the following mappings:

on the page of part 71075 fill in BL and Peeron IDs as 71076 and add these 2 mappings;

on the page of part 71076 fill in BL and Peeron IDs as 71075 and add these 2 mappings.

There should be 4 mappings in total for BL and Peeron.

Removing all the mappings and adding just the mappings you suggested didn't work.  I had to go back and add the double mappings for each site on each part.

Hi can Wheel 60208 the pairing with part 2696 be removed, and visa versa, also bricklink has no pairing for these 2 parts.

They absolutly do not pair with each other, the tyre runs of because there is no rim to hold it in place on the new mold variant.

They fit but when you're model is driving it will lose it's tyres.

So tyre 2696 is only for wheel 2695.

Thank you

I may be off base here, but it is perfectly possible to replace an old style (1 large finger into 2 outer edge) pair of hinge plates 1x2 (u1125/u1126) with any of the mold variants of the 2/3 finger type (4275/4276, 4275a/4276a or 4275b/4276b)

However, obvious snag is that the 1 fat finger won't go into any of the newer 2/3 finger hinge halves.  I haven't tried, but the 2 finger might go into the 2 fingers at outer edge - come to think of it, why haven't I tried it, and why do I think of these things when I'm at work? ;)

Is this worthy of making into an alternate parts relationship despite the slight potential for incompatibility (which the function does warn about to be fair) - people who are constructing Lego really ought to be able to decide for themselves which hinge plates fit together.

Edited by neepheid

It's definitely possible. Even more so, LEGO actually distributed the pairing. When I was a kid, my 6950 Mobile Rocket Transport set came with 4276a and u1126. It worked but became loose relatively quickly because the u1126's fingers bent out. That's probably the reason for switching to 3 fingers in the first place. It's only after my dark age that I learned of the existence of the u1125.

12 hours ago, neepheid said:

I may be off base here, but it is perfectly possible to replace an old style (1 large finger into 2 outer edge) pair of hinge plates 1x2 (u1125/u1126) with any of the mold variants of the 2/3 finger type (4275/4276, 4275a/4276a or 4275b/4276b)

However, obvious snag is that the 1 fat finger won't go into any of the newer 2/3 finger hinge halves.  I haven't tried, but the 2 finger might go into the 2 fingers at outer edge - come to think of it, why haven't I tried it, and why do I think of these things when I'm at work? ;)

Is this worthy of making into an alternate parts relationship despite the slight potential for incompatibility (which the function does warn about to be fair) - people who are constructing Lego really ought to be able to decide for themselves which hinge plates fit together.

It looks like there are quite a few hinges missing the pair relationships.  If you'll submit a change request for the pair relationship, I'll check on alternate relationships at the same time.

7 hours ago, Vokhev said:

It's definitely possible. Even more so, LEGO actually distributed the pairing. When I was a kid, my 6950 Mobile Rocket Transport set came with 4276a and u1126. It worked but became loose relatively quickly because the u1126's fingers bent out. That's probably the reason for switching to 3 fingers in the first place. It's only after my dark age that I learned of the existence of the u1125.

Would it be possible for you to take a picture of the pairing from 6950?  

10 hours ago, thea said:

It looks like there are quite a few hinges missing the pair relationships.  If you'll submit a change request for the pair relationship, I'll check on alternate relationships at the same time.

I'd love to, but I am a mere level 1 peon so I'm not allowed, sorry.

15 hours ago, thea said:

Would it be possible for you to take a picture of the pairing from 6950?  

Unfortunately, I sold the original set over 25 years ago. I got a new one when I came out of my dark age but it contained u1125 and u1126. But I could take pictures of u1126 with 4276a and 4276b. The colors might not match though. Where do you want me to send that picture?

16 hours ago, Vokhev said:

Unfortunately, I sold the original set over 25 years ago. I got a new one when I came out of my dark age but it contained u1125 and u1126. But I could take pictures of u1126 with 4276a and 4276b. The colors might not match though. Where do you want me to send that picture?

You can send me a private message with a URL, or submit the photo on any of the hinges' part details pages. 

20 hours ago, neepheid said:

I'd love to, but I am a mere level 1 peon so I'm not allowed, sorry.

Then I guess for now, we'll have to use the good old-fashioned v2 way.;)  Just post the info here in the forum using rebrickable part numbers.

Is there an MOC that you've seen that you could like?  Or an MOC-Designer that you might consider following?  Those are 2 ways to earn points to help you get to Level 2.

2 hours ago, thea said:

Then I guess for now, we'll have to use the good old-fashioned v2 way.;)  Just post the info here in the forum using rebrickable part numbers.

Is there an MOC that you've seen that you could like?  Or an MOC-Designer that you might consider following?  Those are 2 ways to earn points to help you get to Level 2.

To be quite honest, I haven't got around to looking at MOCs yet - just recently got back into Lego and been spending most of my time cataloguing a big job lot I acquired and building official sets from my childhood :)  I'll get on that.

3 hours ago, thea said:

OK, had a look, leveled up, change request submitted...

40 minutes ago, neepheid said:

OK, had a look, leveled up, change request submitted...

And earned a reputation point here.:)

I submitted a picture of a yellow u1126 attached to a yellow 4276b. I don't have 4276a in yellow and those I have in other colors are tied up in MOCs at the moment. Hope that does the job.

Don't know if we can call it a relation, but I find these following three parts very easy to confuse.

Rebrickable - Barb Large Flexible [Claw, Horn]
BrickLink - Barb / Claw / Horn - Large Flexible
LDraw - Claw Flexible  4L with Bar  0.5L

Rebrickable - Spike Flexible 3.5L
BrickLink - Spike Flexible 3.5L
LDraw - Bar  0.5L with Blade 3L

Rebrickable - Barb Large (Claw, Horn)
BrickLink - Barb / Claw / Horn - Large
LDraw - Bar  0.5L with Curved Blade 2L

The smallest of the three (87747) is still called Large, and yes it is large compared to 53451 but not to the two it is most similar to in my eyes.

If there was a smart way to notify the user of the risk for confusion, I would appreciate it.

WP_20170820_00_11_26_Pro.jpg

6 hours ago, SimLego said:

Don't know if we can call it a relation, but I find these following three parts very easy to confuse.

Rebrickable - Barb Large Flexible [Claw, Horn]
BrickLink - Barb / Claw / Horn - Large Flexible
LDraw - Claw Flexible  4L with Bar  0.5L

Rebrickable - Spike Flexible 3.5L
BrickLink - Spike Flexible 3.5L
LDraw - Bar  0.5L with Blade 3L

Rebrickable - Barb Large (Claw, Horn)
BrickLink - Barb / Claw / Horn - Large
LDraw - Bar  0.5L with Curved Blade 2L

The smallest of the three (87747) is still called Large, and yes it is large compared to 53451 but not to the two it is most similar to in my eyes.

If there was a smart way to notify the user of the risk for confusion, I would appreciate it.

There might be a way.  We could add a small number overlay to the parts.  11089 could have a '4', 64727 could have a '3', and 87747 could have a '2'.  

Another possibility is to add the LDraw measurements in the Notes section.  

I'll bring this up in the Admin Discussions.