jantjeuh

Please Report Any Missing Or Incorrect Parts Here

On December 15, 2017 at 2:08 AM, macfreek said:

Hi SimLego, thanks for your offer, but unless you like to, that is currently not requested.

The main question is if and how a Lego part can be added to the Rebrickable database if the design-ID is unknown.

If we can't find anything after a thorough search, we can also "make up" a number that fits Rebrickable's numbering system.

On 16/12/2017 at 6:53 PM, thea said:

If we can't find anything after a thorough search, we can also "make up" a number that fits Rebrickable's numbering system.

Hi Thea,

I did some more searches on the usual sites, but only BrickLink and bricker.info contains a part list of 9550-1. Both use the BrickLink bb695 & bb696 numbering. Other site (Brickset, peeron, lugnet) all came empty. A Google & DuckDuckGo search on the part itself wasn't successful. The scans of the booklets and gear at BrickLink doesn't contain a partlist, and the set I have doesn't have any instructions anymore. The bricks only seems to be part of this set, so looking for other instructions (with part lists) will likely also come up empty. Do you have any other suggestion to find the Lego ID for this part?

Otherwise, how do I proceed with my submission? Use the bb part numbers? Leave that field empty? ...?

To continue, what should the part numbers be for the printed parts?

My plan is to add the set as well, once all parts are in. However, my set is incomplete (missing red boxes, stickers have been applied, no booklet or gear). Do you think I should add those to, to get a complete part list? Otherwise, I rather stick to Lego parts, and leave out the non-Lego gear parts.

On 25/12/2017 at 12:38 AM, macfreek said:

I did some more searches on the usual sites, but only BrickLink and bricker.info contains a part list of 9550-1. Both use the BrickLink bb695 & bb696 numbering. Other site (Brickset, peeron, lugnet) all came empty. A Google & DuckDuckGo search on the part itself wasn't successful. The scans of the booklets and gear at BrickLink doesn't contain a partlist, and the set I have doesn't have any instructions anymore. The bricks only seems to be part of this set, so looking for other instructions (with part lists) will likely also come up empty. Do you have any other suggestion to find the Lego ID for this part

Otherwise, how do I proceed with my submission? Use the bb part numbers? Leave that field empty? ...?

FYI, @TobyMac approved the submissions: bb695 as tilemodified0001 and bb696 as baseplate18x26.

While the identifiers are a bit lengthy to my taste (especially since the printed parts will be e.g. tilemodified0001pr0001 etc), I think this is the best we can do.

9 hours ago, macfreek said:

FYI, @TobyMac approved the submissions: bb695 as tilemodified0001 and bb696 as baseplate18x26.

While the identifiers are a bit lengthy to my taste (especially since the printed parts will be e.g. tilemodified0001pr0001 etc), I think this is the best we can do.

Yeah, not happy with the name, but the best I could come up with on the spot. If you have a better suggestion, I'll change the name.

11 hours ago, macfreek said:

Renamed into upn0001 (Unknown  Part Number) and upn0002

19 hours ago, TobyMac said:

Renamed into upn0001 (Unknown  Part Number) and upn0002

With apologies for my slightly neurotic personality:

In that case, may I suggest the "x" or "bb" prefix for consistency? A quick analysis of 1182 parts not starting with a number revealed the following statistics of the most often used prefixes (with apologies for the poor-man table formatting):

Count  Prefix    Usage
 277   x         Unknown part ID, often (minifig) accesoiries, or electronics
 145   bb        Bricklink ID
  81   fab       Fabuland
  47   kkc       Knights Kingdom Card
  43   belvfem   Belville female minifig
  42   sailbb    Cloth Sail
  33   tech      Technic Figure legs
  28   js        Minifig Jack Stone
  24   bbcard    BrickLink ID, Lego sports card
  24   rb        Rubber Band
  23   flex      Technic Flex Cable
  21   create    Creationary Game Card
  14   u         Unknown part ID
  13   b         Book
  13   belvmale  Belville male minifig
  10   belvskirt Belville minifig skirt
  10   clikits   Clikits
   9   case      Packaging
Edited by macfreek

On 2017-12-26 at 8:08 PM, TobyMac said:

Yeah, not happy with the name, but the best I could come up with on the spot. If you have a better suggestion, I'll change the name.

I'm not at all happy with those extremely long names (or part descriptions for that matter) either. They either make lists crash or make columns unnecessarily wide.