jantjeuh

Please Report Any Missing Or Incorrect Parts Here

Hi !

I'm right in the middle of register all my lego parts (sooooo long !) and I have a problem with a part. Its the small lever. Bricklink registered some lever and to correct more options colors, put a code for the base only and the lever only. I have gray base and yellow base and none of them can be found on rebrickable.

So, if anybody can enter these missing parts, I will be glad !

Lever base (Bricklink number : 4592. Exist in 9 different colors) : https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=P&catString=24

Lever small (Bricklink number : 4593. Exist in 8 different colors) : https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=P&catString=24

Parts in Rebrickable are coded with the numbers : 298c01 to 05 and are already assembled.

Thank you very much !

Note : i'm a french speaker, so the words used are simple. So if it feels ackward, sorry in advance !

1 hour ago, Calepin said:

Hi !

I'm right in the middle of register all my lego parts (sooooo long !) and I have a problem with a part. Its the small lever. Bricklink registered some lever and to correct more options colors, put a code for the base only and the lever only. I have gray base and yellow base and none of them can be found on rebrickable.

So, if anybody can enter these missing parts, I will be glad !

Lever base (Bricklink number : 4592. Exist in 9 different colors) : https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=P&catString=24

Lever small (Bricklink number : 4593. Exist in 8 different colors) : https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=P&catString=24

Parts in Rebrickable are coded with the numbers : 298c01 to 05 and are already assembled.

Thank you very much !

Note : i'm a french speaker, so the words used are simple. So if it feels ackward, sorry in advance !

Firstly, some clarifying info is needed. 

As you've discovered, we inventory levers by assembly. Base and handle, we don't inventory this part separately. Do your parts have handles?

Then you say Gray Base, but what gray. You need to determine if it's Light Gray, Dark Gray, Light Bluish Gray, or Dark Bluish Gray.

Secondly, in our database the assemblies are inventoried by Handle color. If, for example, you look at 298c01 you'll see they all have Yellow Handles (as stated in the Part Name), then the Yellow handle has appeared with a Yellow, Black, and Blue base in Official Lego sets so they are on the table as options. Under them you'll see the options that Users have created to use in MOC's. These are not Official Lego assemblies as they have not appeared in a Set.

So you need to determine the color of you Handle, find the assembly, then add it to your List in the color of the base you have. If it's not one of the official Lego assemblies the part will display as having a Part Error or Color Error on your list. That's just telling you your part shouldn't exist, it will still be represented on your list for Build Calc purposes.

Lastly, if you only have the bases you can inventory them on your Parts List using the same numbers BrickLink use (4592, & 4593). These will also show as Part Errors or Color Errors as they haven't appeared as a separate part in an Official Lego Set but they will still be on your Parts List.

Hope that helps,

Jared

3008apr0001 and 3008apr0002 seem to be duplicates, there is two Grand Theater prints but only one is "thin" afaik, there should be a difference in the part description if there is some mold or print that differentiate these.

11 minutes ago, biodreamer said:

3008apr0001 and 3008apr0002 seem to be duplicates, there is two Grand Theater prints but only one is "thin" afaik, there should be a difference in the part description if there is some mold or print that differentiate these.

They are both linked to the same bricklink part. Maybe this is a duplicate?
The 3008apb07 (yes, we need to normalize the numbering system, working on it ? )seems to be the Bold version

2 minutes ago, TobyMac said:

They are both linked to the same bricklink part. Maybe this is a duplicate?
The 3008apb07 (yes, we need to normalize the numbering system, working on it ? )seems to be the Bold version

Okay let me know so I can submit a picture for the Bold part so people can see the difference.

Okay I have found that someone has been messing around with the old prints the last month or so, there is now a second copy of the Å, Ä, Ö letters starting the new printing pattern group, why you would start with the last letters in the alphabet is beyond me. without pictures it's a bit confusing since your not renaming the old like you should so people get the right new counter part without remapping their inventory.

well who ever is doing it might want to know that there is at least four different prints out there, not just two, ie regular and bold that bricklink seem to list.

DSC_0020.JPG

Sorry you guys but bricksafe doesn't seem to understand portrait photos, but the lower is a embossed print on CA bricks, while the second set from bottom is the regular set, followed with the bold as the third, The last one is still from the same mold period and I personally lack most of the letters and numbers in it, but seem exist in a complete set.

Well I think this is something you should be aware of when tackling these printed bricks.

2 hours ago, biodreamer said:

Okay I have found that someone has been messing around with the old prints the last month or so, there is now a second copy of the Å, Ä, Ö letters starting the new printing pattern group, why you would start with the last letters in the alphabet is beyond me. without pictures it's a bit confusing since your not renaming the old like you should so people get the right new counter part without remapping their inventory.

well who ever is doing it might want to know that there is at least four different prints out there, not just two, ie regular and bold that bricklink seem to list.

Sorry you guys but bricksafe doesn't seem to understand portrait photos, but the lower is a embossed print on CA bricks, while the second set from bottom is the regular set, followed with the bold as the third, The last one is still from the same mold period and I personally lack most of the letters and numbers in it, but seem exist in a complete set.

Well I think this is something you should be aware of when tackling these printed bricks.

Yes, there are a lot of considerations that must be taken before you begin to reorganize! First: Decide how many different series should be counted as unique. I can directly think of four - without even having a look into my own collection, or the LDraw library, or how BrickLink has organized them. Then, decide for a good and consistent part numbering. Then, a good way to describe them, so they are sorted in a reasonable and overviewable way. Handling both math symbols and non-English letters, both in the part numbering and the descriptions. Before all these issues are resolved, noone should be messing around with the official Rebrickable libraries, IMO.

PS. Please note that some variants occured in both CA and ABS versions. I separate them in my collection, because I build with ABS parts, but (almost) only collect CA since they generally are warped and virtually impossible to build with. DS.

Why do you both think (and express) that adding a few new prints of 60 year old parts, while using a well-established numbering system and similar naming as Bricklink, constitutes "messing with the Rebrickable Libraries"?

Because that caused some of my parts come up as missing that wasn't missing before when updating my wanted list and some become parts became errors when they weren't before. That was how I discovered it. which caused me to wonder why there was new entries rather than a rename of the old. Since the new entries didn't have picture or description that told me the difference. I just want my parts to transfer to the new naming system as smoothly as possible not that I am against you renaming them.

I hope you guys consider having a,b,c alternatives of prints that is minor style changes rather then complete new numbers, makes it easier to group and find alternative version of a specific print.

Bio; what parts, specifically, are you talking about. Please give me part numbers. I am trying to figure out what happened, here, but as far as I can tell, the last time we deleted similar parts was December 20, 2014 - and I can't imagine that it took you four years to discover that.. -smile-
I do see a few parts that were renumbered; but when we renumber parts, all associated user lists ought to be updated, so that should NOT cause you any problems. Seeing that it has, it might be we have bug in there, and that is something we surely need fix first. Hope you agree!

well when I ran the build for finding good parts to add to my collection and to complete incomplete sets following set has changed content the last month:

https://rebrickable.com/sets/234-1/letter-bricks/#parts

The letter with new print name was coming up as missing, which they didn't the last time I ran it before, which is mid/late November.

I adjusted my "Å" that came up as an error but still haven't moved the "Ä" and the "Ö" which is still on their old bricklink name entries. (I have been missing the I and the T for another complete set) which is how I ended up with those new fourth type, ie got the wrong style. 

Edited by biodreamer

Yeah, I did. I think I understand what happened - Hallafors submitted some pictures and thought they were new parts; you added a second inventory to set 234-1, and added those parts. Problem is, that 3005pr0005 is the same as 3005ptau, and I presume the same for the others. We'll fix that problem asap.

Folks; just to be sure:

we have over 31,000 parts in our database; we're getting hundreds of Change Request every week, and once in a while we are bound to make mistakes. That only shows how hard we're working. Now if you find something that looks like a mistake or a problem; then sure, do tell us about it, and we'll do our utmost to fix the problem.

But don't accuse us of "messing with our database". I honestly think we don't deserve that!

Take care,
Simon

Well your voluntary job to mess with the database, well that my view any way. it's not a negative word, it's more fun than saying someone has changed the database.?

Bio, I won't hold it against you, after all, we're both foreigners, desperately trying to speak a strange language; but according to Webster, mess (verb) means: to make dirty or untidy, to disarrange, often used with up. It might sound good; but it is the opposite of what we're doing.
No harm done; we'll solve the problem... -smile-

To be sure - I think we can use/are using a "b" post-fix for bold font, "s" post-fix for serif (similar to BL, if I remember correctly). For the CA embossed versions we could use a "ca" postfix.

So we'd get:

3005pta        Brick 1 x 1 with Blue A Print
    3005ptab    Brick 1 x 1 with Blue A Print (Bold Font)
    3005ptas    Brick 1 x 1 with Blue A Print (Serif Font)
    3005ptaca    Brick 1 x 1 with Blue A Print (Embossed Cellulose Acetate)

Any thoughts? -smile-

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

Bio, I won't hold it against you, after all, we're both foreigners, desperately trying to speak a strange language; but according to Webster, mess (verb) means: to make dirty or untidy, to disarrange, often used with up. It might sound good; but it is the opposite of what we're doing.
No harm done; we'll solve the problem... -smile-

To be sure - I think we can use/are using a "b" post-fix for bold font, "s" post-fix for serif (similar to BL, if I remember correctly). For the CA embossed versions we could use a "ca" postfix.

So we'd get:

3005pta        Brick 1 x 1 with Blue A Print
    3005ptab    Brick 1 x 1 with Blue A Print (Bold Font)
    3005ptas    Brick 1 x 1 with Blue A Print (Serif Font)
    3005ptaca    Brick 1 x 1 with Blue A Print (Embossed Cellulose Acetate)

Any thoughts? -smile-

well there should obviously be a print number in there. 3005pr0001a etc I don't think you should do B for bold, S for serif etc, I am sure you will end up finding a part that has two bold prints or two serif prints. make it easy and just use a,b,c,d etc than everyone knows how many there is. simply stick to the same letter for all of the same type in this case. (letter boxes) ie all bold got the "b" entry and the regular get the "a" the embossed can get "c" and that last thin I have could be "d". There will be a few letters who doesn't exist in all versions but that's fine.

Edited by biodreamer

Let's continue naming problem tomorrow...

BTW - if you take a photo like below, I can cut out single images for each part, and upload them. Also added two images of the setup I am using. This works rather well, even with CA bricks, which usually don't stick naymore..

20181230_220113.jpg

20181230_220032.jpg

20181230_220024.jpg

Have old CA ever stuck? they just stack with help of gravity, I will be off early tomorrow morning to celebrate new year so, I won''t be checking in until the 2nd. I can see what I can do with photos later, I still miss letters and symbols so they won't be complete sets from me alone. And i should try to clean them first they are really dirty.

3 hours ago, biodreamer said:

Have old CA ever stuck? they just stack with help of gravity, I will be off early tomorrow morning to celebrate new year so, I won''t be checking in until the 2nd. I can see what I can do with photos later, I still miss letters and symbols so they won't be complete sets from me alone. And i should try to clean them first they are really dirty.

Yes, they attached well in my childhood. But CA ages in maybe 10 years. When they got worse, I recall tearing off small pieces of paper and put them between the parts, helping them to stay. But now we're getting off-topic here. :)

I miss the thin, quite "zoomed in" font. I most wrongly call it "the British font" since I got most of them from the UK. I'm not sure about the rightmost column, but I believe they belong to this variant. Let's see if I'm able to attach a picture here...

IMG_20181231_025055.jpg

Edited by SimLego

3 hours ago, biodreamer said:

well there should obviously be a print number in there. 3005pr0001a etc I don't think you should do B for bold, S for serif etc, I am sure you will end up finding a part that has two bold prints or two serif prints. make it easy and just use a,b,c,d etc than everyone knows how many there is. simply stick to the same letter for all of the same type in this case. (letter boxes) ie all bold got the "b" entry and the regular get the "a" the embossed can get "c" and that last thin I have could be "d". There will be a few letters who doesn't exist in all versions but that's fine.

No, I disagree with both. 'p' is enough for Printed. "pr" or "pt" is just unnecessary and confusing. Three zeroes makes no sence, and don't forget the digit patterns: 3005pr00013, 3005pr00012, 3005pr00021, 3005pr00031...   3005pa through 3005pd (or pe) is perfectly enough to state that it's a 3005 with print and font a through d (or e).

So, i suggest:

3005 = base part number
p = print/pattern
a = Serif Font (most likely Embossed CA(???)) oldest first - if we are able to date them...
a = Letter A, ae = Danish AE, ao = Å (A with Ring), a2 = Ä (A Dieresis)

And no suffix; it will only be a source of confusion and potential naming conflicts with the special, non-English characters or math signs.

As much as I would love to have separate part names for the CA parts, I don't think it's realistic. That would mean *many* new parts, from basic 3001, 3002... 3020... 3024... 3032, 3034... through Classic Windows and I just don't know all. And to be honest, I have a hard time telling the black or the white CA parts from those in ABS. Once I thought it's just to look at the LEGO logo on the studs, but there are several exceptions. My way to deal with the problem is to simply have them on separate lists. And I think the only realistic way to go for now is to keep it that way.

I don't think "pr" is up for discussion they have already been using that for quite a while now. and "p" would just mean "mold" P. not that I think there is so many molds of any particular part unless you get very picky on the 2x4.

I do agree on the unnecessary zeroes in front of the number but it has to do with database sorting. so to optimize search result and entry order.

oldest first when known, but the problem is that old mold are found after entries has been made which cause some havoc if you keep renaming the newer ones and sometimes it hard to judge age. these prints are a prime example how do we know in what order those thin was released or was they released at the same time? It's bound to be messed up eventually so we can't claim mold letter or is age order with certainty. I however think that parts with more than one mold always should have a letter. not be 3001, 3001a and 3001c instead 3001a, 3001b, 3001c because that "a" tell you that you need to keep an eye out for at least one other mold. But we probably should stay away from the "unknown" mold as soon as a second mold is discovered. That is one of the "mold" issues that exist. getting the right mold in a set inventory unless detected during release.

I don't think we should have the old bricklink letter after is the print on them approach since we don't do that on multiple letter prints. keep the naming simple and unified.

I however  different translation also need to be dealt with, that's up for discussion. in that case Y and Û is the same letter and same goes for Ä and Ö and the danish alternatives.

which should be dealt with the same way as "fire station'  and 'brandstation' same word same set usage, just different language.