jantjeuh

Please Report Any Missing Or Incorrect Parts Here

Before I respond to numbering issues; here's the history:

1-1966-1972.jpg
3005pt1/3005pta - The 1966-1972 British/Australian numbers and letters form the #434 & #437 spare parts packs. The numbers and letter are larger than those found elsewhere. However they are relatively thin compared to their size. This is what Peeron used when they started their database.

2-1969-1972.jpg
3005pt1b/3005ptab - The 1969-1972 continental European numbers and letters from the #987 and #988 spare parts packs. These have the thickest font of any number/letter 1x1x1 bricks, with the lightest shade of blue.

3-1957-1965.jpg
3005pt1s/3005ptas - The 1957-1965 continental European and British numbers and letters from the #234 & #237 spare parts packs. As ABS was introduced in 1963, most of these are CA. No idea if ABS versions exist.

4-1961-1966.jpg
not yet inventoried - The 1961-1966 USA/Canada numbers and letters from the
USA/Canada #234 & #237 spare parts packs. These are much darker blue and slightly smaller than those 1x1x1 number/letter bricks found elsewhere.

5-1966-1968.jpg
not yet inventoried - The 1966-1968 continental European numbers and letters
from the #487 and #488 spare parts packs. These are similar in size and font to the #234 & #237 earlier packs, but they are thinner then the previous serif versions.

gold-on-blue.jpg
not yet inventoried - The 1957-1958 Norwegian #1234 Alphabet Brick parts pack box, which contained
very rare blue alphabet bricks with gold lettering. Whether these Norway only colored bricks exist in red or yellow has not yet been determined.

(So yeah, I am aware of all the different versions...)

(images and info from Gary Ishtok's LEGO Encyclopedia - used for a limited and transformative purpose, fair use applies)

Edited by Simon
typo

BTW - if you have a problem determining if a brick has been made from ABS or CA, this might help.

When LEGO switched to ABS in 1963, they also changed their molds. Before 1963, parts had a 'mold-pip' on the edge of the side. A mold-pip is the place where the injection point for the plastic is located, and when the brick is pushed out of the mold, the pip breaks off and leaves a tiny round scar. Modern bricks have the mold-pip on one of the studs, a place where it is mostly invisible. For a 1x1 brick from before 1963, the mold-pip is on one of the sides, on the bottom edge, so in 1-in-4 bricks, it is on the side where the letter or number is printed:

pip-compare.jpg
Above, the left-most A has a mold-pip bottom right, the middle A has a mold-pip bottom left, the right-most A has a mold pip on the backside.

If you photograph these parts, please make sure the mold pip is not visible.

ADDED: for the sake of completeness:

1949 - 1963 - mold pip on the edge of a side
    1963 - 1974 - mold pip in the middle of a side
    1974 - current - mold pip on one or more studs

If needed, I can also show a picture of a mold-pip in the middle of the side, so between 1963 and 1974...

And just clean the bricks with some soapy water there are a lot of very dirty part pictures appearing on the website just as above.

Cleaning them is just a few minutes work, but the end result is so much better.

Actually, I did. Twice! First washed them and scrubbed them with a toothbrush, and when that didn't work, I had them in hot soapy water for 16 hours. Didn't work either. These bricks are over 60 years old, warped, discolored, and the dirt is somehow ingrained into the plastic. The only way to remove that is to use a polishing paste, like toothpaste; but if you use that on printed parts, you polish away the print. For use in the database I probably would have photo-shopped them, and taken out all the irregularities, but for an example like this, I didn't think it necessary.

Understood, further also do not use cillitbang ore Hydrogen Peroxide that makes the print disappear, have lots of experience with that.

It eats the ink away.

I have also a lot of them but to poor to submit as part pictures.

On 12/31/2018 at 5:17 PM, Simon said:

BTW - if you have a problem determining if a brick has been made from ABS or CA, this might help.

When LEGO switched to ABS in 1963, they also changed their molds. Before 1963, parts had a 'mold-pip' on the edge of the side. A mold-pip is the place where the injection point for the plastic is located, and when the brick is pushed out of the mold, the pip breaks off and leaves a tiny round scar. Modern bricks have the mold-pip on one of the studs, a place where it is mostly invisible. For a 1x1 brick from before 1963, the mold-pip is on one of the sides, on the bottom edge, so in 1-in-4 bricks, it is on the side where the letter or number is printed:

pip-compare.jpg
Above, the left-most A has a mold-pip bottom right, the middle A has a mold-pip bottom left, the right-most A has a mold pip on the backside.

If you photograph these parts, please make sure the mold pip is not visible.

ADDED: for the sake of completeness:

1949 - 1963 - mold pip on the edge of a side
    1963 - 1974 - mold pip in the middle of a side
    1974 - current - mold pip on one or more studs

If needed, I can also show a picture of a mold-pip in the middle of the side, so between 1963 and 1974...

And only the first would be CA bricks the other two would be ABS for those who miss to put all that info together. However when it comes to prints you can't be sure it's that easy. the same goes for any mold change, the bricks goes into the printing machinery and there can be older bricks/mold surviving in storage or around the machinery for longer causing new print on old molds/bricks. ie when found and put back into circulation. 

Part 3626cpr0771 has a typo in its name. The word “tongue” is incorrectly spelled. I was able to file a CR for the b version of this part which has been completed. Unfortunately, every time I try to put in a CR on the c version, I get a 404 error. Not sure what’s up with that. 

Fixed. The problem could be that the part was deactivated. But that should also mean you can't see it, so something is weird.

Just now, TobyMac said:

But that should also mean you can't see it, so something is weird.

I had the same idea, but a few days ago, I checked, and it turns out to be like this: for anonymous visitors (I presume for all non-admins) the search doesn't include deactivated parts and sets. But they still are available, and can be reached directly (by url).

For parts, we have a Related Parts tab that shows related parts, and it *always* seems to show the deactivated versions.

2 hours ago, Retrieverfalcon said:

Part 3626cpr0771 has a typo in its name. The word “tongue” is incorrectly spelled. I was able to file a CR for the b version of this part which has been completed. Unfortunately, every time I try to put in a CR on the c version, I get a 404 error. Not sure what’s up with that. 

Currently, I get 404 errors every now and then at Rebrickable. Most of the times when I move parts in bulk.

4 hours ago, Simon said:

I had the same idea, but a few days ago, I checked, and it turns out to be like this: for anonymous visitors (I presume for all non-admins) the search doesn't include deactivated parts and sets. But they still are available, and can be reached directly (by url).

For parts, we have a Related Parts tab that shows related parts, and it *always* seems to show the deactivated versions.

And the Related Parts tab is exactly how I saw this. Noted it while correcting the active version (the "b" part). Did notice one other item while this is being worked. If you enter 3626cpr0771 into the search box, the the quick links show this part. If you select the Quick Link (where I marked Works), you get to the part. If you click Search, you get to the search screen with a note that no such part exists (second image). 

014D4CCD-806D-4895-8E0C-0FAA5D979F45.jpeg

021B2267-00B4-4869-B57C-D01036AA4F2C.jpeg

So I have this green 16 x 22 baseplate but can't find it in the parts. Do you need a picture to add it?

1 minute ago, trk32 said:

So I have this green 16 x 22 baseplate but can't find it in the parts. Do you need a picture to add it?

Did you mean this one 210

Posted (edited)

The official name of the new electric system is "Powered Up"

There are some elements with "LEGO Power Functions 2" (LPF2) in the part name:
https://rebrickable.com/search/?show_printed=on&include_accessory=1&q=lpf2&search_type=all

And there are some parts with "Powered UP" in the name. The official spelling is "Powered Up", with capital letters.

Edited by Lebostein

I've stumbled onto a lot of parts that don't seem to be categorized well with regards to the "Include printed parts" flag. I plan to send in changes requests for these when I have the time. That's a good way to go with this?

Can you give one example please and we can let you know if you’re on the right track. Then CRs would be the way forward. 

It's largely about mini-figure parts that have prints and come up in searches that should exclude prints, like this:

image.png.c08e83534497a6ffd15c25cc0e072ba4.png

2 hours ago, Vokhev said:

It's largely about mini-figure parts that have prints and come up in searches that should exclude prints, like this:

image.png.c08e83534497a6ffd15c25cc0e072ba4.png

Please ignore Minifig lower and upper categories for now. They are the last two I still need to work through after the massive Minifig overhaul we started a while ago when we separated everything. There will be literally hundreds with errors. 

Otherwise CRs will be great. Just be conscience of print vs pattern relations. Patterned parts do not get filtered out and some may look like prints but are not. 

Thanks