jantjeuh

Please Report Any Missing Or Incorrect External Part Mappings Here

12 hours ago, macfreek said:

Part 31875 does not have a correct BrickLink mapping. This is a chameleon (misspelled as Cameleon on Brickset and here on Rebrickable). However, Rebrickable only contains one print, which is marked as the colour "lime". In reality, there are 3 prints (the purple-lime one in Lego set 41185-1 (2017), the all green one in Lego Friends magazine LEA-104 (not on Rebrickable), and the green-magenta one, source unknown to me). These prints are known as 15678pb01, 15678pb02, and 15678pb03 at BrickLink. So I'm inclined to submit a change request to change the BrickLink ID to 15678. Unfortunately, searching for 15678 does not yield any result at BrickLink. So my question: what should I submit as BrickLink ID in the change request?

The part number had to be changed to Rebrickable's standards. It's now in line with the other chameleons as you can see here: https://rebrickable.com/parts/15678/chameleon-plain/#rel_parts

You can submit a change request for the Bricklink part number, that way you get some points ;)

1 hour ago, legolijntje said:

The part number had to be changed to Rebrickable's standards. It's now in line with the other chameleons as you can see here: https://rebrickable.com/parts/15678/chameleon-plain/#rel_parts

You can submit a change request for the Bricklink part number, that way you get some points ;)

Bedankt! [Thanks!]

No need for the points. I'm trying to get my complete collection on Rebrickable, and am busy reporting some minor things anyway.

Just wondering, given another recent thread, is there a naming convention? You named the patterns "15678pat0001" etc., so with the "pat" suffix. Most other printed/pattern parts use the "pr" suffix (and only 1 or 2 parts the "pb" suffix, apparently a mistake based on BrickLink convention). Is there a reason to use "pat" here instead? Or is there simply no convention?

5 minutes ago, macfreek said:

Bedankt! [Thanks!]

No need for the points. I'm trying to get my complete collection on Rebrickable, and am busy reporting some minor things anyway.

Just wondering, given another recent thread, is there a naming convention? You named the patterns "15678pat0001" etc., so with the "pat" suffix. Most other printed/pattern parts use the "pr" suffix (and only 1 or 2 parts the "pb" suffix, apparently a mistake based on BrickLink convention). Is there a reason to use "pat" here instead? Or is there simply no convention?

Well, there are some standards/numbering conventions. The pr suffix is used for parts with a print. the pat suffix is used for parts that don't have a print but a second color plastic, most of these kind of parts can be found in the Bionicle/Hero Factory parts, for example: https://rebrickable.com/parts/59490/bionicle-barraki-carapar-chest-cover-plain/#rel_parts

Granted, the difference can be a bit vague. Especially in the case of this chameleon which has a pattern (the tail) and a print (the face). Since someone once decided to use the pat suffix for the first 2 chameleons (I didn't change the first two) I just used it for the third too. :lol:

The parts with the pb suffix once came from Bricklink. If I remember correctly Rebrickable once used the same numbering system as Bricklink, but at some point that wasn't allowed and Rebrickable (and Brickowl) had to change the numbers to something of their own. In Rebrickable's case the pr system. There are however some parts left unchanged...

You can even find some printed parts with yet another numbering-standard; those are based on LDraw parts. I have no idea why these ever got those numbers, but they are there...

It seems there is an incorrect entry on the Rebrickable colour chart, concerning Rust. According to Ryan Howerter, the BrickLink Rust is distinct from Lego Rust. If Ryan is right (and given his knowledge on the subject, I think he is), BL Rust is just (Bright) Red (Lego ID 21, Rebrickable ID 4) in softer plastics. The "Rust" color on Rebrickable is similar to BL Rust.

How to solve this?

My first suggestion is to reclassify the parts with Rebrickable color 216 as Rebrickable color 4, and to to change the color table to add the following entries to Red (Rebrickable ID 4): BrickLink ID 27 and possibly BrickOwl 83. (BrickOwl seems to classify both BL Rust and LEGO Rust as the same color). LDraw seems to get it right. The Rebrickable color ID 216 can than be removed.

The alternative is to keep Rust as a distinct Rebrickable color. In that case, Lego ID 216 and LDraw ID 216 should be removed from the line with Rebrickable ID 216.

Now, there are still a few parts in LEGO Rust. According to Ryan: 51163cx1 and 48394, which are now classified as Dark Orange. So my second suggestion is to add LEGO ID 216, LDraw ID 216 (and possible BrickOwl 83) to Rebrickable ID 484.

An alternative here is to repurpose Rebrickable color ID 216 as Lego color 216, and reclassify the above to parts to use Rebrickable color ID, and add keep LEGO ID 216, LDraw ID 216 with to Rebrickable ID 216, but also add BrickLink 68 (and possibly BrickOwl 83) to signify their different classification.

Edited by macfreek
describe alternative solution

Sorry to say but you are not right Bl rust is not Bright Red.

The BL rust has nothing to do with the Lego rust just look here he does not give the BL color, so bl id 27 is right.

Only here on RB id 216 has to be removed from the line, ore just leave it they are almost the same color.

If you gone change it you are gowing to make a lott of noice for only 2 fabuland parts.

5 hours ago, Lucky-Ramses said:

The BL rust has nothing to do with the Lego rust [...]

That's exactly my point. Yet, Rebrickable claims they are the same (In the chart at https://rebrickable.com/colors/, it has BL Rust and LEGO Rust on the same line).

So you are saying Rebrickable is wrong, like me.

Your proposal is to simply remove RB id 216. I'm perfectly fine with that solution. However, there are a few parts with that colour on Rebrickable. My question is what to do with those items. I gave a few proposals (like remapping those to Dark Orange). Which of those do you prefer? Or do you prefer something else?

Edited by macfreek
Edit: reply to proposal of Lucky-Ramses.

I think these parts that are supose to be color 216 are in fact  a kind of Fabuland Orange ore Brown ore in that kind?????

x234 is not a regular part and in that color and is very expensive 2Euro in the Netherlands only 3 for sale on the world now, and will give an part error and who has part 48394 skateboard out of the McDonnald set, inventury is a direct copy from BL even with the same names.

Did indeed find them on BL and they filed them under Dark Orange part 48394 and x234 but i have more parts which i can not file ad RB because the color is not added to the database and is also not gonig to be added asked for a few in the past, you have to make a compromise for you're self there are only a few users who know it and use it, so is it really important.

If i know it myself that is important.

That is also that RB uses BL color names and then for others the Lego color name that is much more confusing, use ore BL names ore Lego not booth, i prefere only BL makes ordering parts much easier, and also searching for them.

Some colors are very hard to find im working on the last parts to get and hope to have them all halve way next year, a few 100 to go.

You can see all my parts here, counter stand on 22253 different in all colors on the moment so i'm also not happy with switshing colors that means i'm loosing parts which i never can find back again, just like merging Rust en Bright Red i will loose my rust parts in on RB to red parts.

So i think to leave everything as it is.

@Lucky-Ramses, just to be clear, I don't want to break things, just to fix obvious errors. Given your posts, it seems best to follow the categorisation of BrickLink, and make sure the references are correct. That would entail:

• Map the two LEGO rust colours to Dark Orange, as BrickLink did. I'll submit change requests for those two parts.
  • Keep BL Rust as a separate color from Red, as it is visually distinct. Same as BrickLink did.

The only thing that still needs to be corrected is the colour tabel. If I'm correct, we need the following entries (with apologies for the poor-mans table formatting):

ID   Name           LEGO                LDraw               BrickLink           BrickOwl
216  Rust                               216 [Rust]          27 [Rust]           83 [Rust]

484  Dark Orange    38 [Dark Orange,    484 [Dark Orange]   68 [Dark Orange]    54 [Dark Orange]
                    DK.ORA], 216 [Rust]                          

Do you concur with this?

There seem other discrepancies in the colour tables found at different sources. I'm comparing Rebrickable, LDD, Brickset, LDraw, Peeron, BrickOwl, Swooshable, Ryan Howerter. I'll only report here when I'm certain of a mistake.

The RB colour table seems to err for two LEGO IDs:

• Metal Blue (RB ID 137) lists LEGO IDs 145  and 137. LEGO ID 137 is Medium Orange, and should be removed from the Metal Blue line.
  • Brown (RB ID 6) lists LEGO IDs 217 [Brown], 187 [Sand Yellow Metallic], and 25 [Earth Orange]. I'm not sure about the mapping, but the name for LEGO ID 187 is not "Sand Yellow Metallic", but "Metallic Earth Orange". There is a "Metallic Sand Yellow", but with LEGO ID 147 (not 187). "187 [Sand Yellow Metallic]" has to be changed to either "187 [Metallic Earth Orange]" or "147 [Metallic Sand Yellow]".

The source of these names is LDD, and given that I just downloaded it from lego.com, I trust that source is correct. Please verify for yourself.

Note that more sites seem to have confused Sand Yellow Metallic. Beside Rebrickable, Peeron and BrickOwl have an incorrect ID-Name mapping. LDraw, Swooshable and Ryan Howerter are on par with LDD.

Edited by macfreek

33 minutes ago, macfreek said:

@Lucky-Ramses, just to be clear, I don't want to break things, just to fix obvious errors. Given your posts, it seems best to follow the categorisation of BrickLink, and make sure the references are correct. That would entail:

• Map the two LEGO rust colours to Dark Orange, as BrickLink did. I'll submit change requests for those two parts.
  • Keep BL Rust as a separate color from Red, as it is visually distinct. Same as BrickLink did.

The only thing that still needs to be corrected is the colour tabel. If I'm correct, we need the following entries (with apologies for the poor-mans table formatting):

ID   Name           LEGO                LDraw               BrickLink           BrickOwl
216  Rust                               216 [Rust]          27 [Rust]           83 [Rust]

484  Dark Orange    38 [Dark Orange,    484 [Dark Orange]   68 [Dark Orange]    54 [Dark Orange]
                    DK.ORA], 216 [Rust]                          

Do you concur with this?

Yes that can be.

But there is only 1 official part in color 216 part 48394, the spoon in that color is not in any set so that one is not important for a chance request, i did lett merge the spoon today x234 and 4337 to 4337, it was a double entry.

But i'm not sure of adding 216 to 484 because the part is not Dark Orange, i can only give a definitive answer if i have the part from the McDonnald set but i have to buy it in the usa and lett it send to me that will take about a minimum of 10 days, and about 10$ shipping.

So for a def answwer from me you have to wait till i have it and can look how close it is to other colors, 1 color maybe also close to it is still missing here Fabuland Orange BL Nr 160, that is used in set 3710 for part 4424

11 minutes ago, Lucky-Ramses said:

So for a def answwer from me you have to wait till i have it and can look how close it is to other colors, 1 color maybe also close to it is still missing here Fabuland Orange BL Nr 160, that is used in set 3710 for part 4424

I very much appreciate your thoroughness. Thanks, and enjoy your new year!

1 minute ago, macfreek said:

There seem other discrepancies in the colour tables found at different sources. I'm comparing Rebrickable, LDD, Brickset, LDraw, Peeron, BrickOwl, Swooshable, Ryan Howerter. I'll only report here when I'm certain of a mistake.

• Metal Blue (RB ID 137) lists LEGO IDs 145  and 137. LEGO ID 137 is Medium Orange, and should be removed from the Metal Blue line.
  • Brown (RB ID 6) lists LEGO IDs 217 [Brown], 187 [Sand Yellow Metallic], and 25 [Earth Orange]. I'm not sure about the mapping, but the name for LEGO ID 187 is not "Sand Yellow Metallic", but "Metallic Earth Orange". There is a "Metallic Sand Yellow", but with LEGO ID 147 (not 187). This either has to be changed to "187 [Metallic Earth Orange]" or "147 [Metallic Sand Yellow]".

The source of these names is LDD, and given that I just downloaded it from lego.com, I trust that source is correct. Please verify for yourself.

Note that more sites seem to have confused Sand Yellow Metallic. Beside Rebrickable, Peeron and BrickOwl have an incorrect ID-Name mapping. LDraw, Swooshable and Ryan Howerter are on par with LDD.

Sorry i use only BL color numbers and names and that is confusing enough, if you are going to work with different names in tables there will be mistakes just as you mention and have mentioned.

I know the names on LDD, i use it every day to make my instructions but it is hard to keep in mind that there are 2 names for every color you use, and also RB has no consitansy in keeping 1 source to use the names

Like 1004 Trans Flame Yellowish Orange has to be Trans Light Orange because almost all other names are BL/BO names on RB so this on most be changed to the BL/BO name, this kind of name inconsistency makes it hard to look for the parts and color on other sites to order.

On 31/12/2017 at 1:16 AM, macfreek said:

• Brown (RB ID 6) lists LEGO IDs 217 [Brown], 187 [Sand Yellow Metallic], and 25 [Earth Orange]. I'm not sure about the mapping, but the name for LEGO ID 187 is not "Sand Yellow Metallic", but "Metallic Earth Orange". There is a "Metallic Sand Yellow", but with LEGO ID 147 (not 187). "187 [Sand Yellow Metallic]" has to be changed to either "187 [Metallic Earth Orange]" or "147 [Metallic Sand Yellow]".

So far, I haven't received a reply to this note. Is this the right place to report errors on the colour table?

Yes but nobody knows so we can also sort it out ouside the forum and make a direct request to Nathan he has to change it.

I have the first part in and the other will be here tommorow from the color 216 they are defenetly not Dark Orange48394%20Not%20dark%20orange.JPG

The tile is Dark Orange the surf board is much darker.