mescalinum

Inventory Check: Visualizing A Combined Inventory Of Parts From Individual Parts And Sets

Hi,

After adding my sets, I want to add my parts to Rebrickable, since I have lots of parts bought on Bricklink.

But since I don't keep them separated from sets, it would be difficult to count how many parts I bought which are not from sets.

If Rebrickable offered a view of parts for inventory checking, including both spare parts and parts from my sets, I could easily compute how many spare parts I have.

Example: I have sets A and B in my sets, which contains respectively 10 and 20 of part X.

So, "Inventory check" page shows me counts for every part, so it shows me that I have 30 of X.

I count my parts, and I see I have 45 of X, so I need to add 15 (45-30) of X to "my parts".

It seems reasonable to me to have it, and also rather easy to implement.

It could be accessible via a link or a checkbox in the page "my parts".

What do you think?

You can already see this in your part section just tick to include the set inventory aswell as your loose parts

You can already see this in your part section just tick to include the set inventory aswell as your loose parts

Cool!

It would be nice if one can add negative quantities of parts as well (indicating lost parts).

Say I have a set, but I lost one part, the parts list would show correct parts counts.

there is a lost part list, just open up a set with said part and click "lost this part" and the inventory will remove it from your inventory for said set. So this feature also already exist.

Is there also a way to reduce the number of loose parts? AFAIK "lost parts" is always related to a set. Sometimes I've got to reduce the number of loose parts because I mention that one or more of them are damaged (or maybe even really lost after entering into my RB-inventory).

Enter lost parts into a private moc as a way to keep track of what you have lost and then adjust your inventory accordingly.