biodreamer

(Completed) Using The Build Feature To Mark Sets Owned.

When you run the build process and bring up a set, there is no option to mark a set as owned, you will have to take a look on the set number put it into the search set feature to pull up a almost identical page where you can add it to your sets. I think you should remove this unnecissary step.

I would also like a optional feature that can pull the set inventory from your "spare parts" and into your sets inventory while doing so.

So we can use the spare parts when we buy hugh lots to find which set it contained, and verify if they are complete or missing parts.

Agree with both of your suggestions.  It goes with my question about the number of sets used to determine the most popular.

Yes. The way I was thinking of doing this was something like:

1. Build a set using only loose parts and exact color match

2. If you have 100%, a magic button appears to let you remove those loose parts and add the set to your setlist

Of course it would also make sense to go the other way and let you part-out a set into your loose parts so I'll probably do that at the same time.

Yes. The way I was thinking of doing this was something like:

1. Build a set using only loose parts and exact color match

2. If you have 100%, a magic button appears to let you remove those loose parts and add the set to your setlist

Of course it would also make sense to go the other way and let you part-out a set into your loose parts so I'll probably do that at the same time.

That would be perfect. I am currently doing this manually, and well you know misstakes can be made causing the count to be off.

When you run the build process and bring up a set, there is no option to mark a set as owned, you will have to take a look on the set number put it into the search set feature to pull up a almost identical page where you can add it to your sets. I think you should remove this unnecissary step.

This first bit done as well as showing # users who own a set.

Converting sets to parts and parts to sets is now possible. MOCs too. The options might not be in the most obvious places at the moment but now that the functionality is there, that is easy to change.

1. Parting out a set - a new option "Add to My Parts (Part out Set)" at the bottom of the set details panel. I also gave the formatting a bit of a tweak. Clicking the link brings up a box asking for confirmation then copies all the sets parts (including spares) into your parts list. It does not remove the set from your sets though. I thought it might be more flexible if it didn't do that.

setoptions.png

2. Combining Parts - a new link appears after you have tried to build a set using only your loose parts, you get 100% match, and you are using exact colors. Clicking "Combine the loose parts into a set" will bring up a box where you select a set list to add the set to, and it will remove the appropriate parts from your parts list. I realise a lot of matches will be just under 100% so this link won't appear. However, when I get something in place to mark missing/lost parts I might be able to improve that.

combineparts.png

I have tested these quite a bit, but nothing beats throwing it out there. So... please ensure you have backed up your sets and parts to files before playing with these features, just in case!

When the build page suggests other sets to consider for missing parts, it would be great if there were an option to suggest sets from the sets you own.

Please keep it to a single suggestion per topic. However, for this I don't think it makes sense to suggest sets you already own as they are usually used in the build calculations or if not, were excluded because they don't want to be pulled apart. 

For the part out button I salute you. And both love and fear you too.

Thanks. Ummm... I think.