All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Przemos19

Sets including 3660b

Hello I've just stumbled upon strange part 3660b: https://rebrickable.com/parts/3660b/slope-inverted-45-2-x-2-ovoid-bottom-pin-small-stud-holes/ Rebrickable has only one entry with this part, other sites doesn;t even record it's different part version. Please, check your inventories (most probably sets from 80') and add information in which sets this part is present - but only if you are absolutely sure this part is originally present in specific set (i.e. you bought MISB and next built it). I
  3. Eddy

Sorting on color does not work anymore

Sorting on color not there is nothing happening, it only turns everything around. On category there is, only i have no idea what. I get i think 4 categories ad a time sorted on color and them some more, but i can make no sense of it. Sorting on part does work, only there starts a problem the names of the parts are not the same so they are all through each other. That is why i did ask for a new sorting also on part number then i can check every part also on name in my collection, on the moment there is no way for me as a normal user to get wrong named parts on the same page. With 25000 parts on 51 pages i can not see that anymore. I can search on part number with the normal search but then i can not see which part is already in my collection, i have to check them by hand 1 by 1 and takes a lot of time.
  4. Nathan

Sorting on color does not work anymore

Is this working now? I've seen made several changes to the sorting.
  5. Last week
  6. biodreamer

Didital Parts Library

Yeah the ldraw format is really old, it's from what 1995? if people could easily export from a tool like blender, 3d Studio Max or Maya with texture and material intact we would have a modern community part library.
  7. pako

Search for sets that contain a combination of parts

+1 I was recently looking for the same parts for some MOCs I found on Rebrickable and ended up buying the "Nitro Buggy".
  8. It would be nice if "Color Switch" custom lists, available to Pro users, had their own custom list type. This way "Other" would be reserved for "other" lists, and they would not be mixed with the automatically generated color switch lists. The "Other" list type is useful, as not every list created manually fits into the "To build", "To buy", "Wishlist" custom list types.
  9. sixthofsix

Didital Parts Library

Thank you again, Simon! That's a shame that you have to jump through so many hoops now to get the right part.
  10. Simon

Didital Parts Library

I fear you are correct - creating new parts in LDraw seems to be a pretty complicated task, so it always takes a while before an LDraw part definition becomes available. Which is why, for newer parts, we rely mostly on LEGO images. The Ldraw link is generated automatically based upon the Rebrickable part number, and if we want to change that, we need to manually add the right LDraw part number. For older parts these links are mostly correct, but for newer parts, I fear, they are not. And if we have a good LEGO image, the LDraw link is of low priority. However, if you or anyone else finds an corresponding LDraw part for which our link is incorrect, then please take a minute to submit a Change Request, and we will take care of the update.
  11. sixthofsix

Didital Parts Library

Thank you for your responses, biodreamer and Simon! Does this mean that most of the newer renderings directly from LEGO (Element) aren't created from an available 3D parts library? I did see that most parts do have an LDraw library reference link, but many of them don't seem to match-up to the right part in LDraw's parts tracker. For example: https://rebrickable.com/parts/15744/ornate-carriage-wheel-432mm/
  12. Simon

Plates with and without holes

Hi, Adrien; The idea behind this, I presume, is that from a side view, you can't see the difference between a Technic plate and a regular plate of the same size. If you sandwich a Technic plate between a few regular plate, you won't be able to spot the difference, and so, in some situations, you can use either of them. Only when the stud are visible, you can see the difference. Our definition for an Alternate relationship is "Similar part that can usually be used as a replacement, not necessarily functionally compatible". You can argue if "usually" applies in this case, but there are lots of instances where the studs of a plate are not visible, and Technic plates can be used instead. For Technic bricks this is different, because even when they have the same size, only the short size view is similar to a regular brick, while the long side view is clearly not. It could have some advantages to add Alternate relationships between Technic bricks and regular bricks, if only that the Technic versions would be easier to find, but before we do that, I would really like to know what other Forum members think about such a change. Take care, Simon
  13. Must have missed this question when it was posted... I have done this dozens of times, buy a box of unsorted, second-hand bricks and then try to find out to which sets those brick originally belonged, because trying to find those sets is actually a whole lot of fun, and it is a great way to learn more about the history of LEGO. In my experience the best way is, obviously, to sort all the parts and enter them into a part list, but while sorting, I do try to find what could be called marker parts. These are parts that are unique for a particular set. Rare parts, only used in 1 to 3 sets, are also very valuable for the research. Parts with stickers on them are usually markers, but so can be special elements, like crane hooks and such, and minfig faces and torsos. Many printed parts are not markers, but they can steer you in the right direction. Rare parts need some additional deduction, as you need to look at all the sets that contain that rare part, and then find other parts that only live on one of the sets, and not in the others. Once you find a few of those, you can be reasonably certain that you found the right set. Only then I come back to Rebrickable to see what bricks my part list is missing for that particular set. Take care, Simon
  14. Simon

Didital Parts Library

Hi, sixthofsix, and welcome to the forum. On each Part Details page, we show three images: an Element image, which we get directly from LEGO; and LDraw rendering, from the latest LDraw library at LDraw.org, and a Photo submitted by one of our users. The thumbnails for all the inventories are generated automatically, but the Admin team can determine which of the three images is used for the thumbnail. If we don't have any images, we add a Similar Image relationship, which is used to display a related part image with a small text overlay. Hope this answers your question, if not, ask away... Simon
  15. biodreamer

Didital Parts Library

Lego provides these today, the older ones are mostly from Ldraw part library.
  16. sixthofsix

Didital Parts Library

Hello! I'm rather new here, so...hello! I've just come from your main site, and I am boggled by the level of organization and parts you have on file! I noticed that most of the renders accompanying parts are digtally done. Were these taken from pre-existing shots, or were these from private 3D collections. I'd be very interested in knowing, for I'm always forced to compromise when creating models with my software, since my own library has many, many holes in it. Thank you!
  17. Will be the same solution as for: https://rebrickable.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2718-search-for-sets-that-contain-a-combination-of-parts/ Upvote that one instead.
  18. I would like the ability to search for sets that contain a specific collection of parts. You can now search for a partnumber and see what sets contain that one part, but if you need a specific combination of expensive parts, it sometimes is cheaper to buy a (small) set containing those parts. For example a suspension/steering-combination of: 2x #6571 steering arms 4x #6572 knuckle arms 2x 76138 shock absorbers 1x #6574 small gear rack cost about €20,- on Bricklink. In that case the set 8048 Nitro Buggy - which contains all those parts - and costs about €20 second hand, is then relatively cheaper because you also get a lot of extra parts "for free".
  19. adrien79

Plates with and without holes

Regular plates and Technic plates (with holes) are currently considered as alternate, for example 3020 and 3709, or 3034 and 3738. I don't think it's a good idea, because the purpose of these parts is quite different. (And regular bricks and Technic bricks are not alternate of each other.) Adrien
  20. adrien79

Old type windows (part 27, 29, 31, etc.)

Simon, thank you for all this information, I agree with your conclusions. But in my opinion, 3087b is a broken part, and I'm not sure it should be included in the database. I'm not sure that "undetermined type" items are necessary, I think they confuse things a bit further. For build calculations, I would rather expect to group all the variants with glass together as mold variations, and to consider variants without glass as alternates, because the absence of glass is a functionally important difference for some applications. All the best, Adrien
  21. Przemos19

Connecting 7745 lego

Package have arrived. I connected front car directly to transformer and put it in the air - without load and friction from rails. I gave it a little juice and it works! No strange sounds etc. Now I must check if it works on rails with proper load.
  22. A work around is placing the set in a 'custom list'. The are found under 'My LEGO' in the menu. These lists for parts and sets are aside from your Parts Lists and Sets Lists, and don't 'count' in your collection. You can also make these custom list public, so you can share them with someone else.
  23. Right now it's possible to exclude a set list from build calculations, but it would be great to have a second option to exclude the list from all statistics. It would be almost like the list didn't exist. This way it would be possible to create list of sets that someone doesn't own, but would like to build or purchase. The checkbox could be displayed in the "Edit List Details" section: [X] Include these Sets in Statistics It would be checked by default for all lists, just like the " Use these Sets in Build calculations" checkbox.
  24. biodreamer

Connecting 7745 lego

it can handle 12V it's a 12V engine. it suppose to run at that voltage. besides it depends how you plug it in. if you do it with the same setup as the rail it will be regulated with the power regulator, the other outages is direct, ie if you have the one that allow you to extend with button kits to the left. which fit the time period. as long as you don't mix in any 4,5V parts or engine you will be fine.Those are the ones kids fry due to their lack of electronic knowledge.
  1. Load more activity