All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Nathan

Part List Sort Order

It is sorting by Part Name. It seems to work for me, can you please clarify what page you are looking at that doesn't work?
  3. Last week
  4. Hmm, another wierd thing. If I only enter "970x" in the Search box, I can see a lot of 970x* entries, but they disappear if I continue with "970x0", and for example search on "970x021" or any other existing entry renders "Error - No Search Results". Yet the id entered does exist in the database.
  5. I believe in colors.csv, the "is_trans" value of "1039 Modulex Clear" should be set to "t", not "f". 1039,Modulex Clear,FFFFFF,t
  6. Yeah, the odd colored legs often have the LEGO designation ‘MULTI’ which is never useful. Luckily, like you said, that are rare so it’s not a huge issue.
  7. an official source that is younger than brick links catalog and it's original source. so there is good reason why BL is as it is. Personally I have always seen the leg color as the main color and the hip as secondary. So first time I encountered BL I thought that was awkward to start with the hips. But then we have custom assemblies and some special sets where each leg has it's own color, which kind of make the leg as main color fall apart. luckily that is a special case rather than something common.
  8. Your are correct. And it is a huge complication and makes it almost impossible to map them. But unfortunately the problem is with BL not us. We follow Legos designations which color them our way. And we always favor being as true to LEGO as possible since they’re the official source.
  9. I'm not sure I got this right, and I'm pretty sure that if I got it right, this subject must have been brought up already, but... If I got it right, BrickLink lists Hips and (fixed color) Legs assemblies, like 970c09 "Hips and Light Gray Legs" - while Rebrickable lists Legs and (fixed color) Hips, like 970x021 "Legs and Red Hips". From my limited understanding, that makes inventory conversions between BL and Rebr almost impossible, or at least very complicated. Is that correct? Would it be possible to turn this huge ocean ship around and change it so we get the same standard (given I'm correct and it isn't a minor problem easy to workaround after all...)?
  10. From the multi-buy page the export data button results in a download with the cells being empty "Cost: Stock: ". See example attached. This happened on Google Chrome running on Linux. This was the source model I used for testing: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-25714/Keep%20On%20Bricking/75892-tuned-coupe/ rebrickable_multibuy (1).csv
  11. A catalog image counts as an image. That text only appears when we have zero image for a set. But we are always eager to improve images. Especially for older sets. You need to upload the image to bricksafe. Then go to the set in question, click Submit Change Request button on the lower right (scroll down a bit). Paste the link to the image in the CR. Hope that helps. thanks
  12. xarax

Part List Sort Order

I do not know what it's supposed to be, but at the moment it's not one of them in my browser
  13. hello i own the 8816 set from 1994, and i saw that its page has only the catalog image. I found this page that says that the page should have a text "We have no image for this Set! If you can contribute, please Submit a Change Request". I can't find that in the page. How can I submit a picture of my set?
  14. Lebostein

Part List Sort Order

What means "Sort by part"? PartID or Part Name?
  15. Ok, I saw there were many, that'S why I asked here before sending the requests. If I see some in other categories, I'll send requests.
  16. Please include this also in mobile version of pages.
  17. Please ignore Minifig lower and upper categories for now. They are the last two I still need to work through after the massive Minifig overhaul we started a while ago when we separated everything. There will be literally hundreds with errors. Otherwise CRs will be great. Just be conscience of print vs pattern relations. Patterned parts do not get filtered out and some may look like prints but are not. Thanks
  18. xarax

Part List Sort Order

the sorting of the parts lists by part is not correct or I can not recognize, which system the sorting takes place. The other sort options also do not seem to work. I tested the sorting in the current Firefox and in the Edge. regards Martin
  19. It's largely about mini-figure parts that have prints and come up in searches that should exclude prints, like this:
  20. Can you give one example please and we can let you know if you’re on the right track. Then CRs would be the way forward.
  21. I've stumbled onto a lot of parts that don't seem to be categorized well with regards to the "Include printed parts" flag. I plan to send in changes requests for these when I have the time. That's a good way to go with this?
  22. Hi Nathan. The original bug I started this thread with is back. Perhaps you just had to revert something and are aware, if so please ignore. But as of today, I have 60 parts without images the list, where as a couple of days ago, it was 0. I checked a few of them and all them had photos. You can see the first few in the screen cap.
  23. Pioneer4x4

Identify this part?

Only a guess, but I would say that is not a LEGO part. Doesn't have that defined sharp edge/quality look to it, and "LEGO" is on every official piece somewhere. It looks like it is a slip clutch that would fit in a drum of some kind to me.
  24. Thanks Nathan. I've never used that button and had become so used to ignoring it that I simply didn't even think of it. Would it make sense to have that button be checked by default? It seems like if a user is searching for a part, whether or not it has been included in an inventory wouldn't matter most of the time. And perhaps add a little hover text explaining what "unused" means. I think when I first started using the site I thought maybe it was parts that weren't "real" (colors that had never been produced or something), so I just didn't use it and eventually stopped seeing it.
  25. Earlier
  26. The 3626cpr0760 part is not being used in any inventories (hence the Year 0 to 0 which is a bit unhelpful), tick the Include Unused Parts option in the search and it will show up.
  27. These two minifig heads are identical prints, one with a hollow stud and one with blocked open stud. https://rebrickable.com/parts/3626bpr0760/minifig-head-imperial-pilot-face-mask-and-silver-goggles-print-blocked-open-stud/ https://rebrickable.com/parts/3626cpr0760/minifig-head-imperial-pilot-face-mask-and-silver-goggles-print-hollow-stud/ Only the first is returned by searching for "silver goggles" (+ minifig heads + black), even though both use this phrase in the part name. I assume this is because the second one has year = "0 to 0". Even searching with the specific part number "3626cpr0760" still returns only the entry for 3626bpr0760. I don't think this is an error in the database; the years when the "hollow stud" version were produced seems to be unknown (both of these parts have only ever been used in a single set). However it means the part is not findable using the current search interface. Even tweaking the search URL to specify min_year=0 and max_year=0 (or 0000 for that matter) doesn't return any parts. I'm not sure how many parts there are with ambiguous years, but it would be great to make them more searchable. Perhaps consider adding, in the parts search panel, an "any year" checkbox to disable the time slider filter? I've attached a mockup to show what I mean, but I'm sure you'll have better ideas how to handle it. Thanks again for all your hard work on a site that I use and appreciate a lot!
  1. Load more activity