All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Thanks for the really apropos description of the problem. There is a solution coming for this, but it may take some time. Suggestion for now: Click on a part with No Image Available to access the pop-up window. If there is a correct image there, it is a thumbnail problem, and should be reported here just for data purposes. If the pop-up image is also missing, use the full detail page to verify that there is an actual element or LDraw image available. If both of these show No Image, use your best judgement of whether it warrants a change request, or it is part of this ongoing problem and report it here.
  3. I was talking about sets, not MOCs. Any MOC designer can add as many links to the MOC description as they please. We can't automate that, because most MOCs do NOT have official LEGO instructions. LDraw might be a third filetype, I agree with that.
  4. in that case some of my old mocs should be linked that way rather than having a MOC entry. I also have some LDraw models of some small official sets.
  5. Sure, but we already have those - in the side bar under instructions we have links to both Brick Instructions and Brickset. Knowing that those PDF are much larger in filesize then 3D model, I think it makes sense to leave the PDF's to sites like LEGO itself, Brick Instructions or ToysPeriod. But I don't think the LEGO website will ever host LDD files, let alone Studio files...
  6. A bit odd order to add things, wouldn't links to instructions be more important than 3D models and why not just have one link for each and don't limit it to a specific instruct or 3d model file type. it would be really good to be able to add these files like you can on MOCS on regular sets/sub sets
  7. I'm seeing the same missing thumbnails as Lebostein (for 4032a it happens twice). I've also been seeing this site wide and it appears to be part/color dependent. For example, 4032a is fine in black and Reddish Brown on this page but broken in Red and White. At least this bug is consistent - once an thumbnail is bad, it is bad everywhere. For example, the part overview page at https://rebrickable.com/parts/4032a/plate-round-2-x-2-with-axle-hole-type-1-opening/ shows every color but Red and White working. I've submitted a few CRs about particular ones I've noticed and a refresh has often fixed the color/part combo I mention but sometimes breaking a different color/part combo that wasn't broken before. It's kind of became a game of wack-a-mole. Few others I've seen (and this was on a quick check of about 20 sets - around 15 of which had something missing since these are often common parts). I should note there may be other colors of these parts impacted, these were just the ones I saw the "No Image Available" graphic. 2431 Yellow, 2730 Light Bluish Gray, 3021 Yellow, 3680 Black, 3937 White, 15068 Tan, 30377 Light Bluish Gray, 32828 Black Hope the extra examples, help. If you want, we can add more as we see them to this thread until this gets fixed to at least capture the errors.
  8. My order is not in yet, but when i see them that would be great, many parts are imported in the wrong color so that is not the problem. Yes i know that is because you use gmail and that is banned by my provider due to the large amounts of spam send by gmail, sorry. Last week i did have contact with my provider about that and sometimes it gets trough and some times not, it is depending on the main 3 anti spam organizations if you email is in the registry i will not receive you're emails till the registry is cleaned up. By my provider it goes automatically they switch every few weeks my ip address the anti spam registry is gone. You can try the mailing of the forum maybe that will work.
  9. I sincerely hope the folks at Eurobricks don't get mad at me, but I don't like the way they organized their collection of LDD files for official LEGO sets. First, the people who create these files have to store them themselves, so they are stored in many different places, and some times the links aren't working. The Forum based interface is very slow, and it has no real search facilities (other then using Google search). And finally, they have duplicate entries for many sets, as they keep LDD files generated with older version when a newer version is added. I also presume the maintenance of those pages is very, very time consuming. In my *personal* opinion we should not add links to those files, but Rebrickable should host the actual files. At max two files for each set, one LDD, one Studio. No need for images (we already have the set image). For each file a notes field where the submitter can report problems with the model, and a submit procedure similar to sets and inventories, so with approval of an admin. If a file for a newer version is submitted, the old version is deleted. In the set comments people can respond to the quality of the models. In a later stage set photos could be made available, similar to MOC photos. Then people could also submit renderings of official sets. Just my thoughts, no idea about the technical impact or the amount of additional diskspace required, but this would be my preferred solution. If you agree, let's hear it.
  10. Only 1 small problem there are a lot of them which are offline/removed by the owner, i did ask about it and that is the responsibility of the owner of the lxf files to maintain them on there own website. Only the inventory is still there, so a direct link will cause many link errors.
  11. Yeah, I found this too. Just thought it would be awesome if there was a direct link provided within Rebrickable for each official set.
  12. Hard to list. In every set I have I see a handful missing images. For example here: https://rebrickable.com/sets/10254-1/winter-holiday-train/#parts Missing images: 99781, 15068, 33291, 3633, 4032a
  13. Thanks for letting us know where you are seeing the problem. Can you tell us some specific parts? @Nathan has been working on images site-wide and sometimes fixing one thing causes problems in another area.
  14. At the moment I see some missing part images if I display the inventories of my Sets. It seems the problems are only the preview icons in the grid view...
  15. Last week
  16. Not even a new feature yet. Not officially in place. We are working on it and will let everyone know when it’s up and running.
  17. I wonder why the Tag field of most parts is empty. Is it a relatively new feature?
  18. Stephen; In the Tips&Tricks help page, there is an overview of all tags used in sets. It's a bit outdated, if I can find some time I'll try to update that overview. As you can see in that overview, we've got a lot of bad tags that need to corrected. And the good tags need to be made complete. The same help page also has a chapter called Annotated Tags, where I tried to group the tags and create definition for them. However, that format proved too complicated to maintain, and I stopped with it when I began the LDraw re-rendering project half a year ago. In the mean time, we are developing a few new help pages, to show the most important set and part tags, and notes about their usage. I can't guarantee when, but hopefully soon, those pages will be made available for general use, and hopefully provide more insight. In the mean time, I suggest we use this thread as an intermediate. Take care, Simon
  19. As I've been making recent edits, I've put some additional focus into ensuring that sets I have include as much tag information as possible. This seems to make sense since it's dealing with what will inevitably be a very time consuming process to add tags to sets and is easiest why focus is on a given set anyway. Additionally, I keep coming up with wats these tags help in the new set filtering so I'm finding them extremely useful. This activity has raised some starter questions in my mind. Is there a comprehensive listing of the tags that are desired anywhere? Is there a system-generated listing of current assigned tags that could be used to correct errors like spelling mistakes, phrases split into two (saw some "Star Wars" entered as "Star" and "Wars"), or other mistakes? I know there are some lists in the help system but they appear to have been hand generated, aren't comprehensive and are by their very nature, always out of date. Is there a defined mechanism for adding new tags to the master list? Is there criteria for doing so? Is there a list of tag definitions somewhere? For many, this is obvious but nuances will be lost if this isn't captured somewhere. For example, I have been using the tag "Key Chain" to refer to sets which are named both "... Key Chain" and "... Bag Charm" since they both include a ring attached to a set of metal links attached to a product Nd having a means of seeing these in one common view despite their LEGO assigned names is helpful. But others may not know that is my intent without definitions and would exclude the Bag Charms.
  20. I am the cause of the irregularity -smile- The system, by default creates those files every 1st of the month. But I have been using them to generate some maintenance reports, and I trigger a refresh when we've done many updates or added new parts/sets. Having them available at a daily basis for Pro users seems a good idea. @Nathan???
  21. Why are the CSV files updated so irregularly? It is possible to upload the files daily? Maybe for Pro Users only... I use the files for some self-written offline tools to manage my inventory... (I am not a Pro User at the moment, but I think about it)
  22. I can't find any at a good price in Australia.
  23. Eddy please read my last post carefully. "To be clear, duplicate photos have only been getting deleted in the last month-ish as Nathan made changes to the system which allowed this to happen." Simon spent a long time investigating and telling you the numbers for how many photos have been deleted since you started to complain about this issue and it wasnt close to the thousands you kept claiming. If a photo is deleted it goes in the CL that it was. Your claim originally was that photos were disappearing without any sign of why. That is a wrong assertion and one that has been explained to you several times now. Thea was incorrect to make her statement as she is an admin and is well aware of our policies and what changes to policies have been made recently. One more time, your issues are: 1. ISSUE: You expect your old photos to be at the top of the part page because they used to be. For unique parts not in sets this was great for you because you could see the image without it needing to be in a set. ANSWER: The site was changed to display the photo of the most common color NOT the oldest photo. This has meant that you immediately think your photo has gone, especially for parts without a set and thus without a color breakdown page. HOW I SOLVED THIS FOR YOU: I added your parts to a dummy set which now creates a color breakdown page so you can see your photos. 2. ISSUE: You expect the photo drop down to include all part photos, thus you think your images are missing because they are not there. ANSWER: That drop down is for secondary photos ONLY. Your images are primary photos and will not display there. For parts without sets this meant your image was not visible anywhere by a user. HOW I SOLVED THIS FOR YOU: The same as above. Adding your parts to a dummy set gave them a color breakdown page which allowed you to see the part photo. 3. ISSUE: Your thumbs in part lists, etc..., are no longer displaying your photos but an incorrect LDraw image instead. ANSWER: Simon is in the middle of a very large and very complicated project to update all our LDraw images and improve their usefulness. This has caused some errors to part thumbs. HOW SIMONS GOING TO SOLVE THIS FOR YOU: Once his work is complete everything should be correct. As usual with this kind of thing there's bound to be some issues and we'll gladly sort them out then. 4. ISSUE: You don't like the policy of deleting photos. ANSWER: It's unreasonable to expect us not to delete photos if we get better ones. We now get a few hundred a week. If we kept older bad ones what purpose would they serve? Who wants to look at them? Why use up the storage space to keep them? HOW I SOLVED THIS FOR YOU: This is one of those things that unfortunately if you don't like you're going to have to lump. This is the site, this is the policy. 5. ISSUE: You thinking the Admin have got it out for you and don't believe you. ANSWER: You are so very wrong. You are the most involved user on the site, your input is invaluable and I know every single admin and user that is aware of all your work is very grateful. We have investigated your claim of vanishing photos several times over the past two years. Do you think we'd do that for someone we thought was an idiot? Do you think I'd still be responding now? HOW I SOLVED THIS FOR YOU: This ones up to you. I can't convince you anymore. CONCLUSION: No-one is unnecessarily deleting photos and no-one is maliciously messing you around. I have explained all this to you several times. I want to remind you that I am a volunteer here. I am using my personal time dealing with this for you and I'm pretty confident I have solved everything for you and explained as best I can what went wrong and how I've fixed it. If you somehow still don't believe me and are convinced your photo's are getting deleted I'm going to ask you again, please provide examples for us to investigate. As you saw from this post, examples help us give solutions. It's taken two years to get an example from you and as soon as we did we discovered what your issue was. Your Brown and Reddish Brown photos are now visible, and also no longer give you a color error (Your welcome by the way).
  24. It would have been very need if you and Simon did explain that to me a few months ago already but he i'm just a user so why bother. I'm not crazy just explain what you are doing so i will not complain about anything but do not treat me like i'm an .......( i can not use that word here there are also children reading these topics) But this hat to be sad. And Thea thank you for confirming the things i did see and did write about. Now it is a very clear they were just fouling me around and saying i saw ghost.
  25. @Nathan- no idea if this is technically possible, but if it is, this would be perfect!
  26. Other example: Why 3 of the magic wands are spare parts? All 6 magic wands are on the official photo (4 in use, 2 lying on the ground ) and they are listed in the instruction (page 122): https://rebrickable.com/sets/75955-1/hogwarts-express/#parts
  1. Load more activity