Submitting a MOC is a 6-step proces. After completing each step, you can save your work and continue at a later moment. After completing the first step, the MOC will show up on your Home page under Your Changes, with status In Progress. Use the link to pick up where you left. At any moment you can delete your MOC by using thebutton. When you have completed Step 6 and your MOC has been submitted, its status will change to Waiting for Approval. Your submission will been added to a queue and an Admmin will take a look at it. When your MOC is approved it will be published automatically and you will receive an email notification. If you need to make changes after the MOC has been submitted (and before approval), you can edit any step and progress through to the resubmission page, however you will be added to the end of the review queue.
The following MOCs will be rejected, and repeated offenses may result in your account being banned:
- You are not the MOC designer and are submitting it on behalf of someone else
- You are selling instructions for a MOC which is highly based off someone else's MOC
- You are submitting a MOC based heavily on someone else's MOC and did not credit them in your description
Step 1 - Description
Use main menu MOCS > Submit a MOC to start the process. In Step 1 you will be asked to provide the MOC Details:
- MOC Name*
- Theme* dropdown
- Year Designed*
The Description field is optional but is highly recommended. You can embed other media such as images or videos. The more descriptive and interesting your entry is, the more people will like/follow you.
Press thebutton to backup your work and continue.
Step 2 - Image
Here you will be asked to provide an image for your new MOC. Photos of real, physical, MOCs tend to work best. However, computer renderings of digital models can look good too. Try not to use simple screenshots of design tools such as LEGO Digital Designer.
You may have noticed some MOCs have a gallery of many images. That can be achieved in the next step, this one is to set the primary image used in all thumbnails.
To submit your image, you can:
- Upload Image from File by using the file selection box
- Upload Image from Web by entering the Image URL and pressing the Save Image / Close button
- Drag and Drop your photo to the designated area
After uploading your image will be display at full size; press thebutton to save your work and continue.
Step 3 - Links
All the fields in this step are optional.
- More Details URL - this is what the main image will be linked to. If you use a publicly viewable Bricksafe page it will automatically display the images on that page in a gallery along with your main image picked in step 2.
- CAD/3D File URL - Direct link to a digital model file if you have one. It can be the same as the instructions if you like.
- Video - the video will be displayed underneath your description. Alternatively, you can embed the video in the description itself. It recognises any Youtube URLs automatically, but any other site must use their embed codes. It also works with Mecabricks.
Click thebutton to save your work and continue.
Step 4 - Instructions
The first section of this step is where you specify if the MOC instructions are freely available or are for sale.
- Free Instructions - your instructions are free to download by anyone
- Premium (Rebrickable Hosted) - you are selling the instructions and want Rebrickable to host the files and handle payments automatically.
In the second section, you indicate if the MOC has some relationship with an existing Set or MOC. For example, it might be an alternate build of a set, or a modification of someone else's MOC.
Step 5 - Inventory
There are two ways to add parts to your MOC:
- Importing Parts
- Adding Parts Manually
More information about adding parts can be found in the section "Adding Parts to a Part List" of Part Lists.
Press thebutton to backup your work and continue. If needed, you can continue adding parts at a later time.
Step 6 - Submit
When you finished adding parts to the inventory, you are all done! To finalise your submission, you can add a note for the Admin if you like. Press thebutton to submit your MOC. On you Home page, the status of the MOC will change to Waiting for Approval and you will receive an confirmation email.
You may receive a notification from the admin if there are fixes to be made before the MOC can be approved. You can edit your current submission to fix the problem and then re-submit it.
First-time submissions may take 1-2 days for approval. If you have a proven record of submitting MOCs with good details and accurate inventories, you might have future MOCs auto-approved. This means that for MOCs which don't have any inventory errors, they will be approved automatically and immediatly published without waiting for an admin to review it.