Finally, through the combined efforts of Chase Horman, Richard Brown, Eric "Blakbird" Albrecht and myself, the crane has been updated to use modern lego parts and the Power Functions I/R receivers for control. Features are as follows;
- 7-9V motors
- 4-PF IR Receivers
- 1 set of PF LED lights
- 3-9V battery boxes
- 2-rear axles motorized with a pair of 9V motors
- Middle axle independently suspended with rubber bands
- Front axle pendular with motorized steering
- 4-Motorized, self-synchronizing outriggers
- Motorized boom luffing with Firgelli actuator
- Motorized boom extension (2 stage)
- Motorized cable drum
- Motorized 360 degree slew
The only unofficial parts are the lego compatilble Firgelli Linear Actuator and NXT to Power Functions cable that can be bought here and here.
I hope you enjoy building this model as much as I did!
Waiting for Inventory to load