4882 Sea scorpion
When I started I only had a funny idea for the front side. From there I looked at what fitted for a body shape and decided to stack the wing parts in the given setup. From there the body developed although I played with some variations which didn't work until I found the solution by combining the small bricks and stacking some more so it started to look like a genuine submarine. There were still quite some pieces left so I let my mind wander and came up with the extensions at the lower ends of the wings. For some reason they worked. I had a piece of tail left that was too small to make something out of it so I started playing with the hinge and technic parts. Several approaches didn't work until I decided to make one big one and let it point upwards. It suddenly fit and the scorpion was born. I was still not done and decided to add a small stinger at the lower end and that was the final touch that completed the model. Usually I have a good idea of the approach I want to take with a design. In this unusual case everything was haphazard and by gradual insight. The result is certainly another very fine model which looks good in every way. I am baffled at the number of good looking designs I have already been able to create that are completely unrelated to the so-called theme of the set. There is a lot of hidden potential to be unlocked.