Eurobricks topic: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/143651-cmodel-42042-forklift/
This is my 2nd CMODEL from 42042. After BULLDOZER http://rebrickable.com/mocs/J_C/bulldozercmodel42042, it is FORKLIFT this time.
Alternative model (C-model) from 42042 LEGO© set.
The finished model and its functions are shown in the pictures and video.
- drive (forward, backward)
Front axle is driven - equipped with a differential
- steering (rear axle)
Ackermann steering geometry
- lifting fork
- tilting mast
- HOG steering (when gearbox is set to neutral for motorized steering)
- built only with the parts from the 42042 LEGO© set + 265cm string (not part of the 42042 LEGO set)
- easily accessible battery pack (for battery replacement)
- all the parts from the LEGO® 42042 set with stickers according to the original A-model (crawler crane) are re-used for the forklift without altering the stickers.
The mast and forks are designed to go as high as possible (my design intention), not as fast as possible (not my design intention).
Lifting of the fork is not very fast. However, the playing stability is good, but the mast is not strong enough to lift heavy objects! That was not my design goal.
Please take this into consideration when playing and BEFORE buying the instructions! See the video.
The model was designed completely without the use of a computer. Only when it was finished did I make a 3D model for renders and instructions.
- computer-generated, step-by-step instructions
- equal to LEGO® quality step-by-step instructions with all the necessary details, additional pictures, arrows etc.
- bill of material (if you have the 42042 LEGO® set you should have all the necessary parts) + 265cm string (not part of the 42042 LEGO set)
- functions explanation
- battery replacement sequence
all in a 324-page PDF file (hi-res generated from 3300pix x 2550pix @ 300dpi images)
(preview of instructions and bill of material is in the gallery)
Waiting for Inventory to load
Building Instructions For Sale
This is a Premium MOC, and the instructions to build it are being sold by the designer (J_C)
You will receive building instructions of type PDF - Computer Images from the designer once you have organised payment with them.