(There are 37 users from this location!)
After coming from my 'lego dark age' in 2017 after long 20+ years pause, due to born of son and recollection my old lego technic sets from my childhood days, I considered getting some new studless technic sets to see, what has been changedklimax
Initially got some smaller models, then 42009 Mobile Crane and 42043 Mercedes Benz. 42043 set with it's many universal parts made me think of building MOCs.
I was suprised, what else can be built from 1 set with some inovative thinking. It is filled with great set of gears and connection pins.
1) to build as much as can be done as c-model with as many functions as original model or real vehicle, without adding any aditional piece
2) functions needs to be manual (so now 3,5 old child can play with them, not to harm gears by electronics or pneumatics) (wheeled excavator was an exception)
3) if alternate of recent model, add some new functions
4) alternate of model, that can't be easily bought these days (7 years and older), also add some functions
5) create digital model or instructions of finished model, so my son can built them alone, once he is bigger (optional)
So if you can see the models, all add some other function, that was not presented, also considering that parts aren't the same, there are many build-arounds
Also considering that I build all these models during 2 years timespan (after going off my 'dark' age after 20 years without lego (never worked with studless before), with having a 9-17 job, and 2 children at home), I'm very satisfied with the outcomes
I like building of models, but don't want to waste time creating instructions, which take so much time and i'm sitting at computer on my standard 9-17 job :(
That's why there are so many models waiting for them to be created.
Once instructions are done, i'm asking here on rebrickable only decent price considering amount of time I spent creating it, small number of sales definitelly doesn't repay time spent
If anyone is interested in cooperation on creation of model instructions, let me know, thanks